Welcome to The University of Scranton Police Department's website, a place where our community members can find information about our services as well as safety tips, crime alerts and links to other safety resources.
The University Police Department is the primary law enforcement authority at The University of Scranton. University Police Officers have full law enforcement powers, including the authority to make arrests for criminal violations on University property. Our department operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with 17 full time sworn Police Officers, 3 Service Officers, 4 Police Dispatchers, 30 Student Officers, and over 200 security cameras on and around campus. University Police includes other departments such as Parking Services, Emergency Communications, and Environmental Health & Safety. These entities work in unison with each other to ensure that The University of Scranton is a place where living and learning can flourish.
The University of Scranton Police Department is responsible for preparing and distributing the Annual Security and Fire Safety Report on a yearly basis to provide statistics on criminal activity, fire measures, and information on
By October 1st of each year, current students and employees are sent the notification by electronic mail that the newest edition of the Annual Security and Fire Safety Report has been posted on our webpage. Printed copies are available upon request and may also be obtained by visiting University Police located at 820 Mulberry St., Scranton, PA 18510.
If you have any further questions regarding the Annual Security and Fire Safety Report or its contents please call us, (570) 941-7888
- University Police Mission Statement
- About us
- Crime Prevention
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Parking Services
- Alternative Transportation Options
- Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
- Pennsylvania Uniform Crime Reporting Statistics
- Emergency Response Procedures
- Lockdown Levels and Procedures
- Driver Training
- Hate or Biased Type Incident Protocol
- Student Officer Program
- USPD Newsletter
- I got a citation, now what?
- S.A.F.E. Program
- University Office of Student Conduct
- University Counseling Center
- Scranton Police Department
- PA State Police
- International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators
- PA Liquor Control Board
- Penndot Travel Conditions
- County Bus Schedules
- Iggy's Guide to COLTS Free Buss Service
- Megan's Law: Sex Offender Registry Information
- Run, Hide, Fight
- How to Survive an Active Shooter
- Department of Homeland Security "See Something, Say Something"
- National Terrorism Advisory System