Is it Possible to Prevent Crime?
University Police is dedicated to helping The University community prevent crime, but without the community's help, more crime will occur. Preventing crime and the damage criminal activity does to our community begins with simple crime prevention techniques.
What is Suspicious?
- Loud noises, explosions, screams or the sound of breaking glass at any time of the day- this can be anything from an accident to something very innocent and easily explained to criminal activity.
- Individuals leaving rooms on your floor when you know the occupant is not home or individuals coming out of buildings that are not open.
- Individuals trying room or car doors to see if they can find one open.
- Individuals in your residence hall who are unescorted and unfamiliar to you.
Can I Call Anonymously?
Callers to the Emergency Communications Center can remain anonymous. Complaints will be investigated regardless of whether an individual is willing to leave their name but the responding officers often need more information and being able to speak with the complaintant is often the best option.
The "Silent Witness" form goes directly to the Police Investigator and if the reporting person wishes to remain anonymous, no attempt to contact them will be made. If the reporting person wishes to be contacted, the form has spaces for contact information. All replies will be kept confidential.
The "Talk to the Chief" form can also be used University community members can report crime. Again, the reporting person can do so anonymously or add contact information. This form will go to the University Police Chief or his designee and forwarded to the Investigator or other individuals within the department for action. All replies will be kept confidential.
Crime Prevention is a shared responsibility between UPD and the University community. By doing your part, all members of the community benefit. If you see a crime or know about a crime, please contact us at (570) 941-7888 or the emergency number (570) 941-7777. We're all in this together!
- University Police Mission Statement
- About us
- Crime Prevention
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Parking Services
- Alternative Transportation Options
- Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
- Pennsylvania Uniform Crime Reporting Statistics
- Emergency Response Procedures
- Lockdown Levels and Procedures
- Driver Training
- Hate or Biased Type Incident Protocol
- Student Officer Program
- USPD Newsletter
- I got a citation, now what?
- S.A.F.E. Program