The Gerard R. Roche Center for Career Development
We are here to support you along your career path! From the minute you come to campus we are a part of the team of people here to help you move toward success. To schedule an appointment with one of our career coaches, simply log into Handshake (link on the right margin of this page) and select "Appointments." Choose a time that works best for you and your preferred appointment medium.
During any given week, there are a myriad of virtual events occurring that are open to students, as well as industry-specific virtual fairs that are hosted by The University of Scranton. To see a complete list and register, visit Handshake.
For the most up-to-date information regarding health and safety measures, including campus visitation, review the university's plan Royals Back Together.
You can always reach us by calling (570)-941-7640 or via email@example.com.
We look forward to working with you!
The Royal Experience
Jillian Haller '23, a neuroscience major from Williston Park, New York is undergraduate research intern in Dr. Jong-Hyun Son’s neurodevelopment lab. RoyalNews interviewed Haller regarding their summer internship as part of the Royal Experience Internship Program. You can follow along with all recipients' journeys this summer by visiting the Royal Experience Internship blog.
What You Can Do to be Proactive
Here are some things that we believe students can be thinking about and/or working on to best prepare for opportunities:
- Prepare or update your resume. Utilize the Resume Writing Guide on our website. We also use jobhero.com for some creative ways to write the bullets describing your jobs from a skills perspective.
- Don’t neglect your cover letter! Use the Cover Letter Writing Guide on our website.
- You can schedule a video call for mock interviews and/or use Big Interview.
- Use Scranton Connections to build your professional network. You can connect with Scranton alumni who are waiting to help answer questions and guide you on your career journey!
- Set up a LinkedIn profile. We are here to help with that too! LinkedIn University for Students is also a great online resource to get you started, or take a look at the LinkedIn Profile Checklist.
- If you are undecided or thinking of changing your major, set up an appointment and we can coach you while providing resources to help in the decision-making process.
- Check out job and internship opportunities on Handshake, LinkedIn, and Indeed in addition to specific company websites.
- If you are planning to applying to graduate or professional school and would like help with your personal statement, or if you have questions, let us know.
- If you are doing an unpaid internship this summer and need funding, apply for the Royal Experience Summer Internship Program. Applications are on our website. They are due on May 1.
- Join us for a Virtual Career Expo! We will forward information as it is available.
We're here for you as you navigate your unique career path!
Your Career Team
- Handshake - Use this career services platform to find jobs and internships.
- VAULT.com ... Vault into your career ... Great resource for all career planning purposes ... Check it out!
- Big Interview - (Recommended Browser: Google Chrome) Use Big Interview to practice your interview skills, whether you’re interviewing for a job or graduate school. Instructions for the use of Big Interview