Parking Violations: Towing
If your vehicle was towed:
Vehicles are towed from campus for a number of reasons, including but not limited to: accruing more than two parking tickets, parking in a fire zone, no parking zone or a restricted space.
If you do not have a parking permit issued by the parking office and you accrue more than two tickets, your vehicle is subject to towing if found on university property. Once on the list, also known as the Habitual Violator list, any time your vehicle is found parked on campus, your vehicle is subject to towing. The only way to prevent being towed once on the Habitual Violators list is to purchase a permit.
If your vehicle is towed, you will be responsible for paying the cost of towing and any outstanding tickets before you can claim your vehicle. The University of Scranton uses Kelly Towing as its towing contractor.
Where was my vehicle towed?
Kelly Towing, located in West Scranton, is the designated contractor for vehicles towed for the University of Scranton.
To get to Kelly Towing, click on the link for directions: https://goo.gl/maps/WbiK8srfWgXH8Umv7
Individuals are advised to contact Kelly Towing at (570) 941-2480 before attempting to retrieve their vehicles to confirm someone will be in the office and available to release the vehicle.
* Kelly Towing may charge additional fees for storage for vehicles not claimed within 24 hours of towing
- University Police Mission Statement
- About us
- Crime Prevention
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Parking Services
- Alternative Transportation Options
- Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
- Pennsylvania Uniform Crime Reporting Statistics
- Emergency Response Procedures
- Lockdown Levels and Procedures
- Hate or Biased Type Incident Protocol
- Student Officer Program
- USPD Newsletter
- I got a citation, now what?
- University Police Department
820 Mulberry Street
Scranton, PA 18510-4699
- Emergency: 570-941-7777
- Department Directory