Parking information for students residing on-campus
- Although The University of Scranton is an urban campus with limited parking, sufficient parking spaces are available to meet demand on a daily basis. Parking Regulations are necessary for the safety and convenience of the entire University community and are designed to allow maximum use of our available parking spaces.
- Parking regulations apply on the streets, roads, alleys, sidewalks, walkways, parking spaces, parking areas and parking lots on the entire campus of The University of Scranton Campus. University parking rules, regulations and enforcement are in effect all year, including periods when classes are not in session.
- When additional events, such as conferences, seminars or workshops are conducted on campus, parking capacity may be exceeded. The fact that parking capacity appears to be or is exceeded does not authorize a user to violate this parking policy. In addition, the purchase of a parking pass does not guarantee a convenient parking space. Parking spaces may only be available off the center of campus.
- The Parking Services goal is to serve the University community with fairness, courtesy and efficiency. Any parking-related problems, complaints, suggestions or compliments should be referred to the Parking Services Manager, Parking, 820 Mulberry Street. The office is open weekdays from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. A 24 hour drop box for express or after hours ticket payment is located outside the Parking Services office. This box can be used to pay a ticket without waiting in line or to submit a ticket appeal. Payment envelopes and appeal forms are available outside the Parking Services office.
- Student Registration
- Students must provide a valid state motor vehicle registration the first time they complete a permit application. A copy of the state motor vehicle registration will be required in subsequent years if the vehicle or license plate information has changed. The permit is valid from the date of purchase to the expiration date printed on the permit. Fees are not refundable.
- First-year Resident Students and Sophomore Resident Students are not permitted to bring a vehicle to The University of Scranton or within the City of Scranton limits.
- Resident Students other than first-year students and sophomores living in University residences will be issued a resident student permit. Resident student permits are only valid in lots designated for Resident Permits.
- Lots designated for Resident Students have signs marked “R” and are for Resident permits only. Resident students with valid permits may park their vehicles in the parking pavilion or under the Wellness Center when there is a parking ban put in effect. Once the ban is placed in effect vehicles with valid permits can be parked in non-reserved spaces in the pavilion without being ticketed. Vehicles parked in surface lots when a parking snow ban is in effect are subject to ticketing.
- Students living in private non-University housing in the area of The University of Scranton, which includes north to Gibson St., south to Ridge Row, east to Harrison Ave. and west to Mifflin Ave., are not permitted to purchase a University parking permit.
- Resident Student permit fees are $200 and are valid for the academic year. Spring Session permit fees are $100. Summer session permit fees are $20.00 per session. Parking permit fees are non-refundable.
- Click here to view the Resident Student Parking Lots.
- Click here to open a printable parking permit application.
- University Police Mission Statement
- About us
- Crime Prevention
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Parking Services
- Alternative Transportation Options
- Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
- Pennsylvania Uniform Crime Reporting Statistics
- Emergency Response Procedures
- Driver Training
- Hate or Biased Type Incident Protocol
- Student Officer Program
- USPD Newsletter
- I got a citation, now what?
- S.A.F.E. Program
- University Police Department
820 Mulberry Street
Scranton, PA 18510-4699
- Emergency: 570-941-7777
- Department Directory