Emergency call boxes
Boxes with keypads can be used to call any local number. In emergencies, just press the red button and connect with a University Police dispatcher!
Regardless of where you are on the campus of The University of Scranton, you are only a few feet from assistance via the call boxes mounted on most buildings and on poles throughout the campus. Some boxes feature a keypad that can be used to call campus phones. Other boxes have a red button that connects the individual directly to a University Police Dispatcher.
Call boxes are identified by their yellow color. At night, call boxes are identified by a blue light shining above them.
To activate a call box, simply press the red button and you will be connected with the University Police dispatcher or dial a campus number on boxes with keypads.
If you need assistance, never hesitate to use a call box. Help is only a few steps away.
- University Police Mission Statement
- About us
- Crime Prevention
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Parking Services
- Alternative Transportation Options
- Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
- Pennsylvania Uniform Crime Reporting Statistics
- Emergency Response Procedures
- Lockdown Levels and Procedures
- Driver Training
- Hate or Biased Type Incident Protocol
- Student Officer Program
- USPD Newsletter
- I got a citation, now what?
- S.A.F.E. Program
- University Police Department
820 Mulberry Street
Scranton, PA 18510-4699
- Emergency: 570-941-7777
- Department Directory