University Police offers walking safety escorts to all members of the University community. Safety escorts are available within the following geographic boundaries:
- North: Vine Street
- South: Ridge Row ( including the Poly Hi and Fitzpatrick parking lots)
- East: North Irving Street
- West: Jefferson Avenue
The Royal Ride is a service provided by University Police on Thursday 10 P.M. to 1 A.M and Friday & Saturday nights from 10 P.M. to 3 A.M., while the University is in session. The Royal Ride does not operate during breaks, between semesters, intersession or during the summer.
The Royal Ride runs within the boundaries of Vine Street to Ridge Row and Adams Avenue and North Irving.
Request a Royal Ride via the Scranton App/Royal Ride or via my.scranton.edu/student resources
All individuals using the Royal Ride must display their Royal Card when boarding. Masks must be worn at all times. University Police reserve the right to refuse service to individuals who are deemed disruptive by the driver(s). Alcohol and tobacco are not permitted on the Escort Van.
- University Police Mission Statement
- About us
- Crime Prevention
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Parking Services
- Alternative Transportation Options
- Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
- Pennsylvania Uniform Crime Reporting Statistics
- Emergency Response Procedures
- Lockdown Levels and Procedures
- Driver Training
- Hate or Biased Type Incident Protocol
- Student Officer Program
- USPD Newsletter
- I got a citation, now what?
- S.A.F.E. Program
- University Police Department
820 Mulberry Street
Scranton, PA 18510-4699
- Emergency: 570-941-7777
- Department Directory