Student Schedule Change Form
Course Schedule Changes
- Enrollment status (full-time or part-time) affects tuition charges, financial aid and graduation timeline, and may affect health insurance eligibility and other tuition assistance.
- Dropping or withdrawing from courses may impact satisfactory academic progress for financial aid continuance as described in the Comprehensive Guide to Financial Aid Programs.
- Undergraduate students who drop or withdraw to less than 12 credits cannot participate in varsity collegiate sports for that term, per NCAA regulations.
Dropping and Adding Courses
- Students may add courses anytime between the initial registration period and the fifth class-day from the start of a fall or spring semester or the second class day of intersession and summer terms.
- Students who wish to drop one or more courses, but who plan to continue attendance in at least one other course during the term, must secure their dean’s permission.
- A dropped course is not reflected on a student’s transcript.
- The last day to drop a course is usually the thirty-first calendar day of a semester and the fourth calendar day of intersession and summer terms; specific dates are published in the official University academic calendar.
- A refund schedule for dropped courses applies to students paying on a per-credit basis or completely withdrawing from the University.
- Under this schedule, the last day for 100% tuition refund is usually the tenth calendar day from the first day of classes for a semester and the second calendar day from the first day of classes for shorter terms; the refund schedule dates are published in the official University academic calendar.
Withdrawal from a Course
- After the period to drop a course concludes, students may withdraw from a course until the published withdrawal deadline. A “W” grade is recorded on the transcript and appropriate tuition/fees are assessed. In all cases, students should first discuss the matter with the course instructor.
- Students who wish to withdraw from one or more courses, but who plan to continue to attend at least one course for the term, must have a Schedule Change Form signed by their instructor and dean.
- Students who wish to withdraw from their last course(s) must submit the Complete Withdrawal/Leave of Absence Form.
- In either case, the forms are available through the Office of the Registrar and Academic Services, the academic advising centers, and academic department chairpersons’ offices.
- The completed forms must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar and Academic Services by the withdrawal deadline as indicated in the University academic calendar.
- This deadline is approximately 30 days before the last class day for the semester and a proportionate period of time for a shorter session. Failure to officially withdraw from a course will result in a F-failing grade.
Click here for form
- Registrar's Office
- Catalogs, Courses, & Academic Programs
- Course Search by Term
Timetable & Term Pins
Preparing to Register
Accessing Online Course Schedule
Classroom Building Key
Students in Combined Baccalaureate/Masters Programs
For Students Studying Abroad
Accessing Web Registration
Billing & Refund Information
Block Schedule Planner
- Summer 2020 Grading
- Transcript, Grade Report, Enrollment Verification & Degree Verification
- Academic Calendars
- Final Exam & Inclement Weather/Compressed Schedule
- Graduation & Commencement
- Access Your CAPP on-line Planning Tool
- Access Your Class Schedule
- Access Your Grades
- Access Your my.scranton self-service
- Access Your Student Advisor Profile
- Apply for Faculty Student Research Program
- Apply for Student Faculty Teaching Mentorship Program
- Apply to Graduate
- Calculate Your GPA
- Calculate Your Pace for SAP
- Grant 3rd Party Access to your Info
- Prohibit Disclosure of Student Directory Information
- Faculty/Staff Resources
Institutional Consumer Info
- Student Resources
- Address mail to:
Office of the Registrar &
800 Linden Street
Scranton, PA 18510-4684
- FedEx, UPS and DHL packages use:
302 Jefferson Avenue
Scranton, PA 18510-4684