Complete Withdrawal/Leave of Absence
Leave of Absence
Students may request the Dean’s approval for a leave of absence by completing and submitting the Complete Withdrawal/Leave of Absence Form available in the Office of the Registrar and Academic Services. (Undergraduate students must forward the form to the Director of Student Retention and Completion; the Director of Student Retention and Completion will forward the form to the student's Dean’s Office.) Graduation requirements in effect for a student at the time of his/her approved leave begins will remain in effect when a student returns from his/her leave under the following conditions:
- The student is in good academic and disciplinary standing at The University when their leave begins.
- The student may not take courses at another institution without first securing written approval from their dean.
- The student’s leave is limited to one semester but may be renewed for one additional semester with the written permission of their dean.
- The student must report their address and phone number to the Office of the Registrar and Academic Services and promptly reports a change of address/phone number to that office.
- The student understands that this policy does not bind The University to offer their curricula or major programs, which may have been discontinued or substantially altered during their leave of absence.
- A student who interrupts their education without an approved leave of absence must apply for readmission and will be subject to the catalog requirements in effect at the time of readmission.
- A student on an approved leave of absence must apply for readmission, however, the student will retain the same catalog requirements in effect at matriculation as long as their leave does not extend beyond a year.
Complete Withdrawal from the University
Students wishing to drop or withdraw from all of their courses, thereby discontinuing their enrollment, must secure the Dean’s permission to withdraw from The University. (Undergraduate students must forward the form to the Director of Student Retention and Completion; the Director of Student Retention and Completion will forward the form to the student's Dean’s Office.) The Complete Withdrawal/Leave of Absence Form may be obtained in the Office of the Registrar and Academic Services. University withdrawal is not official until all signatures required on the Complete Withdrawal/Leave of Absence Form have been obtained and the form is submitted to the Office of the Registrar and Academic Services.
Any tuition refund will be determined by the official date of University withdrawal. No grades for the term will be recorded on the student’s academic record if the official University withdrawal date is on or before the last day for 25% tuition refund or the last day to drop courses according to the official University academic calendar. Grades of W will be recorded for course work if the official University withdrawal date coincides with the course withdrawal period. Final grades will be recorded for course work if the official withdrawal date is after the course withdrawal period for the term.
- Registrar's Office
- Catalogs, Courses, & Academic Programs
- Course Search by Term
- Timetable & Term Pins
- Preparing to Register
- Accessing Online Course Schedule
- Classroom Building Key
- Students in Combined Baccalaureate/Masters Programs
- For Students Studying Abroad
- High School Scholars Program
- Accessing Web Registration
- Billing & Refund Information
- Financial Aid
- Additional Info
- Block Schedule Planner
- Degree Audit Information
- Transcript, Grade Report, Enrollment Verification & Degree Verification
- Transfer Equivalency Self Service
- Academic Calendars
- Final Exam & Inclement Weather/Compressed Schedule
- Graduation & Commencement
- Access Your CAPP on-line Planning Tool
- Access Your Class Schedule
- Access Your Grades
- Access Your my.scranton self-service
- Access Your Student Advisor Profile
- Apply for Faculty Student Research Program
- Apply for Student Faculty Teaching Mentorship Program
- Apply to Graduate
- Calculate Your GPA
- Calculate Your Pace for SAP
- FERPA and Letters of Recommendation
- Grant 3rd Party Access to your Info
- Prohibit Disclosure of Student Directory Information
- Faculty/Staff Resources
- Institutional Consumer Info
- Student Resources
- Office of Student Retention & Completion
- Address mail to:
Office of the Registrar &
800 Linden Street
Scranton, PA 18510-4684
- FedEx, UPS and DHL packages use:
302 Jefferson Avenue
Scranton, PA 18510-4684