Overview of Program & Requirements
Students minoring in German will complete 18 credits in the language, starting at the beginning level or higher. For more information about the credit requirements for this minor, see the course catalog.
Why study German? Take a look at this flier for more information about the language, employment demand, and must careers available for those who speak German!
German Courses Offered
- Beginning German I & II: A complete course in the fundamentals of the German language. Emphasis on reading of graded texts, with written, oral and aural exercises.
- Continuing German I & II: Reading from modern authors of moderate difficulty. Oral and written exercise. Systematic review of German grammar.
- Advanced German Conversation and Composition I & II: Selected texts in prose and poetry. Advanced practice in conversation and composition. Survey of German grammar.
Independent studies and readers may be available upon request.
Fulbright Language Teaching Assistant
To learn more about the German program, contact Dr. Yamile Silva.
Dr. Yamile Silva
316 O'Hara Hall
- Minors and Concentrations
- Faculty and Staff
- Language Learning Center
- Study Abroad
- News and Events
- Alumni Spotlight
- Alpha Mu Gamma
- Internships and Experiential Learning
- Latin American Studies and Women's Studies Department
- Ambassador Newsletter
- Department Handbook
- World Languages in University Catalog