Study Abroad in Cusco, Peru
The summer study abroad program in Cusco, Peru is a 4-week program led by Dr. Ana Ugarte in June. Students can earn 3, 6, or 9 credits in Spanish. All levels welcome. An optional Latin American Studies course is available in English or Spanish: "Perspectives of Health, Healthcare, and Well-being in Latin America".
Cusco, Peru, the former capital of the Inca Empire, was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. It is a major tourist destination and the gateway city to the Andes, from where you can easily visit countless sites such as the famous Machu Picchu, one of the most fascinating lost cities in the world.
- all supervised activities in Cusco
- trip and tour of Machu Picchu (2 days)
- trip and tours in the Sacred Valley (1 day)
- trip to Puno and Lake Titicaca, the highest navigable lake in the world (3 days, night at Amantani island, inhabited by Quechua-speaking fishermen and farmers).
- trip to Manu (3 days)—Amazon rainforest.
- stay with host families in Cusco (two students per family)
- Spanish classes at Centro Tinku
Volunteering Opportunities in the areas of health, education (ESL), and environmental protection
Dr. Ana Ugarte
311 O'Hara Hall
- Minors and Concentrations
- Faculty and Staff
- Language Learning Center
- Study Abroad
- News and Events
- Alpha Mu Gamma
- Internships and Experiential Learning
- Ambassador Newsletter
- World Languages and Cultures Handbook
- World Languages in University Catalog