Alpha Mu Gamma
The University of Scranton is home to the Theta Iota chapter of the Foreign Language National Honor Society, Alpha Mu Gamma. New students can join the society by meeting one of the two following qualifications:
- For full membership, two consecutive As or A-s in language courses in the same language at the Composition and Conversation (311-312) level or above
- For associate membership, two consecutive B+s or better in language courses in the same language at the Composition and Conversation (311-312) level or above OR a noteworthy academic record in more than one language
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
New members are inducted into the society at a yearly induction ceremony and luncheon where they receive their certificates of membership and society pins. Graduating seniors will also receive their gold honor cords.
For students interested in joining the Foreign Language Honors Society, the deadline to apply is mid-late March. The membership fee is $65 and an application is available in the main office of the World Languages and Cultures department on the third floor of O'Hara Hall. The next induction ceremony will take place in the spring of 2021.
For more information about Alpha Mu Gamma or if you have any questions, please contact Dr. Marzia Caporale.
Dr. Marzia Caporale
319 O'Hara Hall
- Minors and Concentrations
- Faculty and Staff
- Language Learning Center
- Study Abroad
- News and Events
- Alpha Mu Gamma
- Internships and Experiential Learning
- Ambassador Newsletter
- World Languages and Cultures Handbook
- World Languages in University Catalog