Study Abroad in Florence, Italy
The summer study abroad in Florence, Italy is a 4-week program led by department faculty each June in affiliation with an Italian government-accredited language institute in Florence. The program includes Italian language courses and a course in the humanities, and guided tours of important historical sites.
Courses will be offered in conjunction with the Italian Government-accredited Istituto Europeo. No knowledge of Italian is required and all levels of language are offered (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced). A placement test will determine each student’s appropriate level.
The trip features 3 chaperoned, one-day weekend trips to possible places such as Venice, Siena, and the Chianti region, visits to Florence’s museums and cultural sites, and social and cultural events sponsored by the Istituto Europeo.
Earn up to 6 credits:
- 3 credits Italian language, ITAL 295
- 3 credits Dante’s Inferno and the Florence of his Times, HUM 296, in English
- 3 credits Italian Culture through the Image, ITAL 195, taught in English
See flier for Italian program here.
Dr. Marzia Caporale
319 O'Hara Hall
- Minors and Concentrations
- Faculty and Staff
- Language Learning Center
- Study Abroad
- News and Events
- Alpha Mu Gamma
- Internships and Experiential Learning
- Ambassador Newsletter
- World Languages and Cultures Handbook
- World Languages in University Catalog