Fall 2018 Sophomore & Upperclass Move-In
Move-In Instructions on Sunday, August 26th from 8 AM - 3:45 PM
- Pick up your room key at the assigned check-in station (see below)
- Unpack your car first then move it out of the way to the street or a parking lot
- Proceed to bring items to your room and get settled in
- The Residence Life Staff will be around and available to assist with any questions you may have
- 8 AM - 3:45 PM key pick-up is at assigned station (see below)
- 3:45 PM - 7:45 PM key pick-up is in Residence Life, Condron 100
- After 7: 45pm, ask your RA or the RA on Duty to let you into your room and report to Residence Life, Condron 100, on Monday
The Office of Residence Life, located in 100 Condron Hall, will be open from 8 AM - 7:45 PM on Sunday, August 26th for assistance and late arrivals.
Check-In Stations on Sunday, August 26th from 8 AM - 3:45 PM
- Blair, Dorothy Day, Elizabeth Ann Seton, Gavigan, Gonzaga, Katharine Drexel, McGowan, Redington & Tioga - Condron Hall corner (intersection of Linden & North Webster)
- Condron Hall - Residence Life Office (Condron 100)
- Madison Square & Mulberry Plaza - Mulberry Plaza courtyard
- Montrone & Pilarz - Rock Hall Parking Lot (off Monroe Avenue)
Traffic Patterns Sunday, August 26th from 8 AM - 7:45 PM
Follow these traffic patterns to unload personal belongings:
- For Blair, Gavigan, Gonzaga, & McGowan - The Clay Avenue Commons will be open from Mulberry Street, one way from 8AM to 8PM on Sunday, August 26th. Vehicles should stay to the left after entering and move closest to the student’s residence hall. Students may unload the vehicle, proceed to the Linden Street Commons, and turn left to exit on North Webster Avenue.
- For Condron, Gavigan, & Redington - Both sides of the Linden Street Commons (1100 block) will be available for unloading vehicles from 8AM to 8PM on Sunday, August 26th. Cars must enter through the Royal Way by DeNaples Center/GLM or the Clay Avenue Commons by Driscoll Hall. Cars are not permitted to enter this one way un-loading area off of North Webster Avenue by Condron Hall.
- For Blair, Condron, Gonzaga, & McGowan - Mahon Court will be open from Mulberry Street by McGowan/Ciszek one way towards the Commons from 8AM to 8PM on Sunday, August 26th. Vehicles should stay to the right after entering and move closest to the student’s residence hall. Students may unload the vehicle, proceed to the Linden Street Commons, and turn left to exit on North Webster Avenue
- Montrone & Pilarz - For unloading purposes only, vehicles may enter the service road behind Montrone and Pilarz Halls from either Quincy or Monroe Avenues traveling toward Hitchcock Court. Vehicles may also enter Hitchcock Court from Mulberry Street but adhere to the one way traffic patterns. All vehicles must exit Hitchcock Court on Vine Street.
- Dorothy Day, Elizabeth Ann Seton, Katharine Drexel, Madison Square, & Mulberry Plaza - For unloading in these areas students may utilize the nearest University parking lots or public streets.
- Redington Hall - The Redington Parking Lot will be made available for resident students to unload vehicles on Sunday, August 26th. It is important that vehicles do not remain in the parking lot after they are loaded, please move to street parking or Ridge Row Lot.
The Royal Way, Clay Avenue, Mahon Court, & the Commons are one way unloading areas only. Vehicles must remain off grass whenever possible and never left unattended while in the unloading areas.
Additional Information & Reminders
- Transfer Student Check-In for resident students takes place on Thursday, August 23rd at 8:00 AM on the 2nd floor of the DeNaples Center
- Approved Early Arrival Residents will receive a separate email regarding instructions (see application information below)
- For Technology Support in the Residence Halls vist the Help Desk in Alumni Memorial Hall, call (570) 941-4357, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fall Meal Plans begin with dinner on Sunday, August 26th. For more meal plan information contact Dining Services.
Early Arrival Request
The early move-in application for the Fall semester is available on your housing portal between August 1st and August 22nd. You must submit it by Wednesday, August 22 nd to be considered for early arrival permission. Follow the path below for access:
- Student Services & Financial Aid
- Residence Life Menu
- Housing Portal
- Staff Information
- Apply to be a Resident Assistant
- I Lost My Key
- Overnight Guest Registration
- Care Packages, Linens, & MicroFridges
- Opening, Breaks, and Closing
- Housing Selection Information
- Living On Campus
- Residential Learning Communities
- Study Abroad Housing Information
- Off Campus & Commuter Student Life
Contact UsOffice of Residence Life