Graduate Student Housing

Graduate Housing Information

Graduate Housing is currently offered in the Quincy Avenue Apartments, which opened in August of 2015, as well as Linden Plaza Apartments.

Graduate housing is based on full-time graduate student status and position on our wait list.

For more details or to be added to the wait list, please click here.

Quincy Avenue Apartments

university of scranton office of residence life gradute housing quincy apartments

Images of Quincy Avenue Apartments

The former junior high school at 528 Quincy Avenue in Scranton’s Historic Hill Section, only a block and a half from The DeNaples Center, has gotten new life through a unique, collaborative project that has revitalized the long-vacant, newly-renovated structure into an early childhood learning center and graduate student housing facility.

The 2nd and 3rd floors of the building have been converted into 24 University-operated graduate apartments that are comparable in design to those in Montrone & Pilarz Halls.  Each apartment has a shared kitchen, bathroom, and living room.

Most apartments have double occupancy with a limited number of singles and triples, all with private bedrooms.

Linden Plaza Apartments

Dorothy Day

              grad-housing-1.jpg     grad-housing-8.jpg   grad-housing-9.jpg


The cost per student for the apartments can be found on the Bursar's Website and includes all amenities listed below.  This cost is lower per month than rooms in the current on-campus apartments in Montrone, Pilarz, Madison Square, and Mulberry Plaza, when semester cost of those apartments is converted to a monthly rate.  All basic utilities, as well as University cable and wireless Internet access, are included.  


All apartments are furnished and include air conditioning, on-site laundry, and on-site parking (parking passes must be purchased from University Police).  The building also has an elevator.


The building is served by a Graduate Community Assistant as a resource and point of contact for Residence Life.  The building does not have traditional Resident Assistants.  The University Student Code of Conduct applies as it does for every student enrolled in housing at the University.  Graduate housing does not close for University breaks (including Christmas), so residents do not need to request permission to remain on campus; you may come and go as you please.  University staff and police will respond to building needs.

Safety & Security

The building is monitored by security cameras tied to the University system.  Building entry is by Royal Card, and apartment and bedroom entry is by key.  The Graduate Community Assistant lives in the building and University Police will respond to needs in the building as they would with other campus residences.  Fire safety includes sprinklers and heat/smoke detectors similar to the functioning of Montrone and Pilarz (i.e. a smoke alarm activated while cooking will not disrupt the entire building).

Room Selection

Graduate student housing is filled on a first come, first served basis.  Iinterested students should email our office ( to express interest and will be assigned if a room is available.

Graduate Housing Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Can I pick which building I want to live in?

A: Graduate housing is limited and based on availability. 

Q: Can I pick my apartment-mates?

A: You can let us know your preference and we will do everything possible to accommodate your request based on availability.

Q: If I am a current graduate student living in campus housing, do I have to go back on the waiting list for the following year?

A: No.  You just have to fill out the graduate intent form, which will be emailed to you, and you are eligible to retain your housing offer as long as you are registered as a full-time graduate student.

Q: If I am a new graduate student who wants to live in campus housing, how do I sign up on the waiting list?

A: Email your request and be sure to include your Royal ID number and a phone number where you can be reached.
Scroll to Top