Suggested Packing List
To help you plan, here's a list of some items you might want to bring along:
- Bedding & Pillows (our mattresses are "Twin XL" and measure 39" x 80"), Mattress Pad
- Computer & Printer
- Insurance card
- Laundry detergent/basket
- Painter's Tape or 3M Command products for hanging items in your room
- Room Decorations
- Shower Caddy/Basket
- Shower Shoes
- UL Listed Surge Protector(s)
- Area Rug (6x9 or smaller will fit in any of our rooms)
Please DO NOT bring the following items to campus:
- Candles/incense/plug-in air fresheners
- Chemicals/flammable materials
- Halogen lamps
- Homemade lofts and cinder block bed risers. Purchased bed risers are permitted where beds are not adjustable.
- Pets (fish are permitted, 1 tank per room up to 20 gallons)
- Space heaters
- Toasters/toaster ovens/open-coil heaters or burners/indoor or outdoor grills or air fryers (Keurigs & microwaves are permitted)
- Weapons of any kind (kitchen knives used in their intended manner are permitted)
Please note: refrigerators must be smaller than 3.5 cubic feet and use less than 175 watts of power.
See the on-line Student Handbook for a more thorough list of prohibited items.
Please contact the Office of Residence Life if you have any questions regarding a specific item.
- Staff Information
- Apply to be a Resident Assistant
- Overnight Guest Registration
- I Lost My Key
- MicroFridge Program
- Opening, Breaks, and Closing
- Housing Selection Information
- Living On Campus
- Residential Learning Communities
- Study Abroad Housing Information
- Off Campus Student Life
Contact UsOffice of Residence Life
800 Linden Street
100 Condron Hall
Scranton, PA 18510-4699
Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.