2019-2020 Break Housing
There are a number of breaks within the Fall & Spring semesters when the residence halls close. During these breaks, students are not permitted to stay on-campus without written permission from the Residence Life Office.
- Fall Break (closes Saturday, October 12th by Noon & opens Tuesday, October 15th at Noon)
- Thanksgiving Break (closes Wednesday, November 27st by Noon & opens Sunday, December 1st at Noon)
- Winter Break: all housing closes on Saturday, Dec. 14th; housing opens for Intersession students on Thursday, Jan. 2nd at 10 AM
- Spring semester housing opens on Tuesday, January 28th at 8 AM
- Spring Break (closes Friday, March 13th by 8PM & opens Sunday, March 22nd at Noon)
- Easter Break (closes Holy Thursday, April 9th at Noon & opens Easter Monday, April 13th at noon)
Some students are expected to remain on campus for University commitments, others live too far away to leave for shorter breaks, and unforeseen circumstances can arise. These Individual students in need of break housing can find the application on their housing portal (instructions below).
Break applications appear on the housing portal approximately 3 weeks before the break begins. Residents will only be granted permission to stay on campus with legitimate reasons (distance, campus employment, etc.). Reasons will require verification. This form can be accessed through my.scranton.edu:
- Self Service
- Student Tab
- Student Services/Financial Aid
- Residence Life
- Housing Portal
Groups in need of break housing should have their advisor or professor send the list to email@example.com.
Quincy Avenue Apartments
The Royal Ride Shuttle
Dining options on campus are often limited or suspended during breaks. Dining Services will communicate their schedule.
- Staff Information
- Apply to be a Resident Assistant
- I Lost My Key
- Overnight Guest Registration
- Care Packages, Linens, & MicroFridges
- Opening, Breaks, and Closing
- Housing Selection Information
- Living On Campus
- Residential Learning Communities
- Study Abroad Housing Information
- Off Campus & Commuter Student Life
Contact UsOffice of Residence Life