2021-2022 Break Housing
There are a number of breaks within the Fall & Spring semesters when the residence halls close. During these breaks, students are not permitted to stay on-campus without written permission from the Residence Life Office.
- Fall Break - housing closes at noon on Saturday, October 9th; housing opens at noon Tuesday, October 12th
- Thanksgiving Break - housing closes at noon Wednesday, November 24th; housing opens at noon Sunday, November 28th
- Winter Break: all housing closes on Saturday, December 18th at 6pm
- Intersession: housing opens for Intersession students on Sunday, January 2nd (Intersession 01/03 - 01/25)
- Spring semester housing - housing opens Tuesday, January 25th
- Spring Break - housing closes Friday, March 11th; housing opens Sunday, March 20th
- Easter Break - housing closes Thursday, April 14th; housing opens Monday, April 18th
Some students are expected to remain on campus for University commitments, others live too far away to leave for shorter breaks, and unforeseen circumstances can arise. These Individual students in need of break housing can find the application on their housing portal (instructions below).
Break applications appear on the housing portal approximately 3 weeks before the break begins. Residents will only be granted permission to stay on campus with legitimate reasons (distance, campus employment, etc.). Reasons will require verification. This form can be accessed through my.scranton.edu:
- Self Service
- Student Tab
- Student Services/Financial Aid
- Residence Life
- Housing Portal
Groups in need of break housing should have their advisor or professor send the list to email@example.com.
Quincy Avenue Apartments
The Royal Ride Shuttle
Dining options on campus are often limited or suspended during breaks. Dining Services will communicate their schedule.
- Staff Information
- Apply to be a Resident Assistant
- Overnight Guest Registration
- I Lost My Key
- MicroFridge Program
- Opening, Breaks, and Closing
- Housing Selection Information
- Living On Campus
- Residential Learning Communities
- Study Abroad Housing Information
- Off Campus Student Life
Contact UsOffice of Residence Life
800 Linden Street
100 Condron Hall
Scranton, PA 18510-4699
Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.