Upperclass Residential Learning Communities
Currently, Residence Life offers the Global Exchange community for junior and senior students.
Global Exchange provides an opportunity for domestic University of Scranton students and International and Exchange students to live together and make connections across many cultures. Throughout the semester, each apartment is asked to host an event in their apartment to share food, traditions, and customs from various cultures. In addition, Global Exchange participants have been invited to many special events, some of which have been reserved just for them, including a breakfast with an international scholar on current affairs of the Arab and Muslim world and their impact on Israel and the region, and an evening retreat at the Chapman Lake Retreat Center. Those who live in the community agree to leave one spot in their apartment vacant for an international/exchange student, but select all other members of their apartment.
If you want to live in this community, you will be expected to:
- Apply with a group of 3 total students to live in a 4-person apartment in Pilarz Hall;
- The remaining room in the apartment will be reserved for an International Exchange Student.
- If you have fewer than 3 people, your application will still be considered, though preference is to fill all 3 spots.
- Participation in a study abroad experience by at least one member of the applicant group is highly preferred.
- Host at least one event per semester with your apartmentmates to share food, traditions, and customs from various cultures; and
- Be willing to learn and engage with others in the community to learn and connect across many cultures.
Application Process for Fall 2021:
1. To live in the Global Exchange community, interested students must complete this Royal Sync Application by 4:00pm on Monday, February 22, 2021.
The application will ask for contact information (email) of the "group leader," who will serve as the primary contact person for follow-up. (ONLY ONE STUDENT PER APPLICANT GROUP NEEDS TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION.)
2. This person should be ready to respond to an email sent March 1, 2021 at 3:30pm to attempt and secure your spot in the community. Please ensure the group leader is available to view and respond to an email at this time.
PLEASE NOTE: Spaces are limited in this community and apartments will be filled on a first come, first served basis, to be determined based on responses to the email sent on this date to group leaders. *Participation in a study abroad program will be given a distinct preference.*
- Staff Information
- Apply to be a Resident Assistant
- I Lost My Key
- Care Packages, Linens, & MicroFridges
- Opening, Breaks, and Closing
- Housing Selection Information
- Living On Campus
- Residential Learning Communities
- Study Abroad Housing Information
- Off Campus & Commuter Student Life
Contact UsOffice of Residence Life