2023-2024 Resident Assistant Application Process
Get more information from a current RA
- November 1, 2022 11am-1pm
- November 3, 2022 11am-1pm
- November 9, 2022 11am-1pm
- Must be a full-time student of sophomore social standing or higher by August 2023.
- Must possess a minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA.
- Must be available to serve on the staff for one full academic year.
- Must be a positive role model who understands and supports the mission and values of The University of Scranton, the Division of Student Life, and The Office of Residence Life.
- Must be in good standing with the Office of Student Conduct.
- This position is designed for undergraduate students as a peer leadership opportunity. Graduate students are not able to serve in this role.
Compensation for the RA position covers the cost of a designated RA room and a 10-meal plan.
- Each candidate is required to submit an application form available on the RoyalSync platform:Application Form
- In order to support the University's Royals Safe Together plan and current guidelines, we will not host in-person information sessions, but rather create a video presentation that will be available above soon.
- Each candidate will be evaluated by their respective RA through a recommendation form. Students who also wish to be evaluated by an RA other than their own may do so. Candidates who are currently commuters will be evaluated by members of the Commuter Student Association.
Application deadline: Friday, December 2, 2022
- The first round of interviews will be held in January-February 2023, once all applications have been compiled. Our staff will reach out to all eligible candidates to schedule a date and time for an interview that will be conducted in person.
- A Group Process interview will be held in mid- to late February 2023, somewhat different compared to past years. Instead of a weekend-long program for all candidates, we will arrange 3-4 dates during weeknights when candidates may sign up for a date/time that best fits their schedule and will participate in a shorter activity with a randomized part of the applicant group. These activities are created to better understand how candidates may work in a team setting or as a leader of a small group.
- Those applicants who are going to study abroad in the Spring 2023 semester will be scheduled for their first interview in December 2022 and a second round of interview with our incoming Head RA staff via Zoom in February 2023. During the second interview, candidates will be asked to bring a short, 5-10 minute presentation on what they hope to learn and get out of the RA experience.