The 2019-2020 Resident Assistant Application Process is Closed
Please check back in Fall 2019!
Get more information from a current RA
Our current RAs can be your best resource in acquiring information about the RA position. Free free to reach out to any of the RAs on campus with questions you may have about the position!
Basic Position Qualificationsplus or minus
- Must be a full-time student of sophomore social standing or higher by August 2019.
- Must possess a minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA.
- Must be available to serve on the staff for one full academic year.
- Must be a positive role model who understands and supports the mission and values of The University of Scranton, the Division of Student Life, and The Office of Residence Life.
- Must be in good standing with the Office of Student Conduct.
- This position is designed for undergraduate students as a peer leadership opportunity. Graduate students are not able to serve in this role.
Compensationplus or minus
Compensation for the RA position covers the cost of a designated RA room and a 10-meal plan.
How To Applyplus or minus
Housing Lotteryplus or minusCandidates will receive information on the status of their application prior to the Housing Lottery. Candidates should still plan to participate in the housing lottery process until the point of hire (we suggest having a "plan A" in case you don't get the position and a "plan B" if you do, for the sake of coordinating with your friends). All rising junior and senior candidates are encouraged to pay their $250 housing deposits to the Bursar’s Office in St. Thomas Hall when that is requested.
- Staff Information
- Apply to be a Resident Assistant
- I Lost My Key
- Overnight Guest Registration
- Care Packages, Linens, & MicroFridges
- Opening, Breaks, and Closing
- Housing Selection Information
- Living On Campus
- Residential Learning Communities
- Study Abroad Housing Information
- Off Campus & Commuter Student Life
Contact UsOffice of Residence Life