Residence Hall Openings and Closings
Each academic year there are a number of breaks and during these students are expected to leave the Residence Halls. However, some students are unable are expected to stay on campus because of University commitments, some students live too far away to leave campus for a smaller break, and some have unforeseen circumstances and need to stay in their rooms or apartments for all or part of a break.
Individual students needing break housing can find the housing application on their housing portal This must be filled out at least 4 days prior to each Residence Hall closing.
If a student is part of a group, their Advisor, Professor, or Leader will have sent their names over and they do not have to fill out any request.
Directions to access Break Housing Request Applications:
- Self Service
- Student Services/Financial Aid Tab
- Residence Life
- Housing Portal
- Break Housing Request
- Staff Information
- Apply to be a Resident Assistant
- I Lost My Key
- Care Packages, Linens, & MicroFridges
- Opening, Breaks, and Closing
- Housing Selection Information
- Living On Campus
- Residential Learning Communities
- Study Abroad Housing Information
- Off Campus & Commuter Student Life
Contact UsOffice of Residence Life
800 Linden Street
100 Condron Hall
Scranton, PA 18510-4699
Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.