Employee Recognition Program
Description of the Sursum Corda Award:
The Sursum Corda ("Lift Up Your Hearts") Award recognizes those members of the University's staff who have made outstanding contributions to the life and mission of the University.
Each year, a Sursum Corda Award will be presented to three members of the University community:
- A member of the professional/paraprofessional staff;
- A member of the clerical/technical staff; and
- A member of the maintenance/University Police staff.
In order to be eligible for the award, a person must:
- Have spent at least five years in University service;
- Be nominated by their divisional leadership, manager, supervisor or the Staff Senate
Categories of Excellence:
The nominees for the Sursum Corda Awards should have distinguished themselves in the following ways:
- Shown exceptional dedication and/or creativity in performing their duties, and
- Built, contributed, or nurtured the sense of community that has always been the hallmark of our campus community, and
- Contributed in a significant way to helping members of our community “grow to become the living presence of God in the world” (Fr. General Nicolas, former Superior General of the Society of Jesus).
Each year, University divisional leadership, managers, supervisors and the staff senate will be invited to nominate members of staff, who meet the criteria above, for a Sursum Corda Award. Divisional leaders of each Staff Senate nominee will be invited to offer additional information to support nominations. The Sursum Corda Award description and nomination form is available on the Human Resources website at http://www.scranton.edu/hr/employment/employee-recognition.shtml
The Sursum Corda Committee will review all nominations.
The award is presented to the recipients at Spring Convocation.
- Staff and Administrators Handbook
Alternative Work Schedule
Mission and Community Service Leave
Time Away from Work
- Additional Benefits
- Elective Benefits
- Alternative Work Schedule
- Employment and Employee Relations
- Resources for Harassment and Discrimination
- Compliance Corner
- Early Learning Center
- HR News and Updates
Office of Human Resources
St. Thomas Hall, Suite 100
The University of Scranton
Scranton, PA 18510-4633
To Report Suspected Child Abuse:Call CHILDLINE: (800)-932-0313