Office of Residence Life
Sophomore & Upperclass Move-In
Sophomore & Upperclass move-in takes place on Sunday, August 20, 2017.
First Year Student Resources
Additional resources can be found by clicking through the "Living On Campus" drop-down menu on the left hand side of our page.
Welcome to the website for the Office of Residence Life at The University of Scranton. This page and the associated left menus will provide you information about our programs and services related to on-campus living and resources for both students that commute and live off-campus. Please review our site and feel free to contact our staff if we can assist you. Go Royals!
Director of Residence Life
Mission Statement and Learning Outcomes
The Office of Residence Life serves students who live on campus and off-campus as well as those who commute from home by challenging them to expand their learning beyond the classroom with a focus on fostering a transformative education of the whole person. Residence Life staff contribute to the formation of “men and women for and with others” by providing students with opportunities and skills to create safe, inclusive, and supportive environments in which students are able to pursue their academic interests while developing meaningful interpersonal relationships. The Office of Residence Life encourages community involvement to prepare students for well-informed, responsible, and engaged global citizenship.
As a result of engaging in opportunities provided by the Office of Residence Life, students will:
- Develop self-awareness of, and the ability to articulate, one’s values, goals, and identity;
- Identify University resources and support services;
- Learn how to make informed choices by considering consequences for self, others, and community;
- Enhance interpersonal, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrate an awareness of communal living through successful integration into and ownership of one’s community; and
- Cultivate an understanding of and appreciation for people, beliefs, and current issues, both locally and globally.
- Staff Information
- Opening, Breaks, and Closing
- Living On Campus
- Care Packages, Linens, & MicroFridges
- Apply to be a Resident Assistant
- I Lost My Key
- Overnight Guest Registration
- Housing Lottery Information
- Residential Learning Communities
- Study Abroad Housing Information
- Off Campus & Commuter Student Life
Contact UsOffice of Residence Life