The University Advancement team seeks to assist students, alumni, parents, faculty, staff and friends as they strive to achieve the University's mission through engagement and philanthropic activity.
In doing so, we are committed to a high-performance, integrated and transparent work environment. Our collective energy, expertise and talents contribute to our overall success. To achieve this vision, we are committed to the following mission and shared core values.
Inspire engagement and investment in The University of Scranton with an unwavering commitment to our Jesuit mission and values.
- We live by the University’s values and mission.
- We inspire trust with our constituents.
- We propose solutions when identifying problems.
- We are professional and collegial.
Purposeful & Driven to Excellence
- We are accountable to each other.
- We promote innovation.
- We value excellence in our people and invest in their education and development.
- We view shortfalls as opportunities for improvement.
Collaborative & Cooperative
- We empower our people to be adaptable, collaborative, and responsive.
- We communicate clearly and share ideas in a timely manner.
- We celebrate our successes.
- We contribute to the greater good of the University.
Goals & Strategies
GOAL # 1: A University culture of robust engagement & donor centered philanthropy
- Align fundraising with University strategic priorities.
- Provide a base of annual philanthropic support of University operations and develop campaign plans to support future strategic objectives.
- Prepare the UA division and the University for targeted and comprehensive capital campaigns.
- Engage all segments of the University in philanthropic activity.
GOAL # 2: Dynamic volunteer leadership
- Establish a University-wide volunteer recruitment and stewardship model.
- Create consistent and purposeful leadership opportunities across the campus.
- Achieve diverse constituent involvement.
GOAL # 3: Dedicated staff committed to excellence
- Invest in professional development.
- Promote innovation, creativity and collaboration.
- Commit to best practices and the highest professional and ethical standards.
- Implement a system of performance metrics and accountability.
GOAL #4: Engaging communications & meaningful programming
- Mobilize integrated multi-channel communications.
- Create premier signature events.
- Develop an integrated regional and targeted focus.