2017-2018 Break Housing
There are a number of breaks within the Fall & Spring semesters when the residence halls close and students are expected to vacate them:
- Fall (closes Saturday, October 7th by Noon & opens Tuesday, October 10th at Noon)
- Thanksgiving (closes Wednesday, November 22rd by Noon & opens Sunday, November 26th at Noon)
- Spring (closes Friday, March 9th by 8PM & opens Sunday, March 18th at Noon)
- Easter (closes Holy Thursday, March 29th at Noon & opens Easter Monday, April 2nd)
Some students are expected to remain on campus for University commitments, others live too far away to leave for shorter breaks, and unforeseen circumstances can arise.
Groups in need of break housing should have their advisor or professor send the list to email@example.com.
Individual students in need of break housing can find the application on their housing portal (instructions below).
Quincy Avenue Apartments
Permission to Remain on Campus
The Thanksgiving Break request is now available and is due by Friday, November 17, 2017. Residents will only be granted permission to stay on campus with legitimate reasons (distance, campus employment, etc.). This form can be accessed through my.scranton.edu:
- Self Service
- Student Tab
- Student Services/Financial Aid
- Residence Life
- Housing Portal
The Royal Ride Shuttle
Tuesday, Nov. 21, 2017 10AM-3PM and Wednesday, Nov. 22, 2017 7AM to 12PM the Royal Ride will pick up students at the DeNaples circle. Wait outside of DeNaples with your bags and the van will pick you up and take you to the Martz Bus Station.
Sunday, Nov. 26, 2017 11AM to 11PM the Royal Ride will pick up students every half hour at the Martz Bus Station. The van will be in the parking lot of the Martz Station on Lackawanna Avenue. If you arrive outside of those hours or arrive and find the van not waiting, call (570) 941-7888 and request the Royal Ride Van to transport you back to campus.
Dining options on campus are limited during Thanksgiving Break. Dining Services will communicate their schedule.
- Staff Information
- Care Packages, Linens, & MicroFridges
- I Lost My Key
- Overnight Guest Registration
- Apply to be a Resident Assistant
- Opening, Breaks, and Closing
- Housing Selection Information
- Living On Campus
- Residential Learning Communities
- Study Abroad Housing Information
- Off Campus & Commuter Student Life
Contact UsOffice of Residence Life