2017-2018 Break Housing
There are a number of breaks within the Fall & Spring semesters when the residence halls close and students are expected to vacate them:
- Fall (closes Saturday, October 7th by Noon & opens Tuesday, October 10th at Noon)
- Thanksgiving (closes Wednesday, November 22rd by Noon & opens Sunday, November 26th at Noon)
- Spring (closes Friday, March 9th by 8PM & opens Sunday, March 18th at Noon)
- Easter (closes Holy Thursday, March 29th at Noon & opens Easter Monday, April 2nd)
Some students are expected to remain on campus for University commitments, others live too far away to leave for shorter breaks, and unforeseen circumstances can arise.
Groups in need of break housing should have their advisor or professor send the list to email@example.com.
Individual students in need of break housing can find the application on their housing portal (instructions below).
Quincy Avenue Apartments
Permission to Remain on Campus
The Fall Break request is now available. The deadline for requests is Thursday, October 5th. Residents will only be granted permission to stay on campus with legitimate reasons (distance, campus employment, etc.). This form can be accessed through my.scranton.edu:
- Self Service
- Student Tab
- Student Services/Financial Aid
- Residence Life
- Housing Portal
Dining options on campus are limited during Fall Break. You can expect the following:
- The Fresh Food Company (DeNaples 3rd floor) and Mulberry St. Cafe (Montrone) close on Friday, October 6th in the afternoon and re-open on Tuesday, October 10th at dinnertime.
- The Food Court (DeNaples 1st floor) will be open for limited hours on Friday, October 6th and Saturday, October 7th.
- Regular Food Court hours resume on Tuesday, October 10th at lunchtime.
- Meal Plan schedule resumes on Tuesday, October 10th at dinner. Students may use Royal or Flex earlier that day if needed.
- Staff Information
- I Lost My Key
- Overnight Guest Registration
- Opening, Breaks, and Closing
- Living On Campus
- Care Packages, Linens, & MicroFridges
- Apply to be a Resident Assistant
- Housing Lottery Information
- Residential Learning Communities
- Study Abroad Housing Information
- Off Campus & Commuter Student Life
Contact UsOffice of Residence Life