2016-2017 Break Housing
There are a number of breaks within the Fall & Spring semesters when the residence halls close and students are expected to vacate them:
- Fall (closes Saturday, October 8th by Noon & opens on Tuesday, October 11th at Noon)
- Thanksgiving (closes Wednesday, November 23rd by Noon & opens Sunday, November 27th at Noon)
Some students are expected to remain on campus for University commitments, others live too far away to leave for shorter breaks, and unforeseen circumstances can arise.
Groups in need of break housing should have their advisor or professor send the list to email@example.com.
Individual students in need of break housing can find the application on their housing portal (instructions below).
Quincy Avenue Apartments
Permission to Remain on Campus
The deadline for Thanksgiving Break requests is Thursday, November 17th. Residents will only be granted permission to stay on campus with legitimate reasons (distance, campus employment, etc.). This form can be accessed through my.scranton.edu:
- Self Service
- Student Tab
- Student Services/Financial Aid
- Residence Life
- Housing Portal
All residents are required to complete the following closing procedures for Thanksgiving Break:
- Clean your room (i.e. remove trash/clean out personal refrigerators). You do not need to unplug your refrigerator.
- Remove any items that may spoil over break (i.e. milk, bread, etc.).
- Close and lock all windows.
- Pull down and close blinds.
- Turn off all lights.
- Close and lock doors.
- The last person to leave must sign the "We're Outta Here" form that has been placed on the outside of your door.
- Staff Information
- Apply to be a Resident Assistant
- I Lost My Key
- Overnight Guest Registration
- Housing Lottery Information
- Living On Campus
- Residential Learning Communities
- Residence Hall Association
- Breaks, Opening, and Closing
- Study Abroad Housing Information
- Off Campus & Commuter Student Life
Contact UsOffice of Residence Life