Welcome to Student Health Services

Maintaining good health is an essential component of student success both academically and personally.  Student Health Services is committed to the promotion of student learning and personal development through the provision of direct health care, health promotion and education and preventative care.  Students are encouraged to actively utilize Student Health Services for their health care needs.


Achieving optimal wellness requires a lifelong commitment.  Student Health Services expects the student to become an active participant in their health care which results in the formation of competent health care consumers. This philosophy is rooted in the Jesuit educational tradition in which there is integration of learning with the development of the whole person.


Student Health Services at The University of Scranton is committed to:

  • providing excellent health care to students according to best practice standards
  • facilitating student learning through health education
  • forming competent health care consumers

Learning Outcomes

As a result of care received at Student Health Services, students will:

  • develop the ability to effectively communicate with health care providers
  • understand the relationship between their symptoms and diagnosis
  • understand the relationship between their treatment plan and return to good health
  • understand when self-care is appropriate and when professional care is needed
  • learn to obtain health information from reliable and credible sources and learn to apply this knowledge for personal improvement of general health
  • engage in healthy decision making which impacts The University community at large