The University of Scranton's Office of Community Relations extends a warm welcome to our neighbors. We invite you to engage - as individuals, community leaders, non-profit organizations and businesses - with the University's students, faculty and staff, and to join in the many exciting events, programs and activities taking place on our campus.
Connect with the University
Find out how the University can serve you and how you can become part of University life.
The University’s center for rehabilitation education will have a significant economic impact on the region, according to a new report completed by the Northeastern Pennsylvania Alliance.
University Celebrates Community Service Activities
The University is pleased to present a “Celebration of Service” – an e-report that highlights the many types of community service and engagement activities being undertaken in Northeastern Pennsylvania by our students, faculty and staff. Read more.
Campus & Neighborhood
See below for the latest news on what’s physically happening on campus.
University Building New Center for Rehabilitation Education
- In the fall of 2013, the University began construction of a new $47.5 million center for rehabilitation education on the corner of Jefferson Avenue and Linden Street. The new building is expected to be completed for the fall of 2015. Read more about the project. Updates about Pedestrian/Vehicular Traffic.
- Through Oct. 10: Art exhibit: "Object and Image"
- Oct. 8: 7:30 p.m. Performance Music "In Recital"
- Oct. 18: 4 p.m. Book signing: Colum McCann
- Oct. 18: 5 p.m. Distinguished Author Award
- Oct. 18: 7:30 p.m., In Concert: "Andrew Gozalez and Friends"
- Oct. 21: 7 p.m., International Film Series: "Beauty and the Beast"
- Oct. 22: 7 p.m., Neighbor Night
- Oct. 23: 5:30 p.m., Schemel Forum: "The Arts of Healing"
- Oct. 27-Nov. 21: Art exhibit: "Here and There..."
- Oct. 29: 7:45 a.m. 13th Annual Northeastern U.S. Conference on disAbility
- Oct. 30: 7 p.m., Henry George Lecture
- Oct. 30: 7:30 p.m., University of Scranton Jazz Ensemble
- 2014-2015 Community Relations Calendar