The University of Scranton's Office of Community Relations extends a warm welcome to our neighbors. We invite you to engage - as individuals, community leaders, non-profit organizations and businesses - with the University's students, faculty and staff, and to join in the many exciting events, programs and activities taking place on our campus.
Connect with the University
Find out how the University can serve you and how you can become part of University life.
Hands-on projects are a mainstay in Dr. Kim Daniloski’s Marketing Research course, but this spring, students in her classes were charged with designing and executing qualitative and quantitative studies for real clients.
Events for RA's Kick Off 4th Year of Downtown Engagement Initiative
Eighty-seven RA's took part in a downtown orientation experience on August 20, kicking off the 4th year of the University's downtown engagement initiative. Read more.
Campus & Neighborhood
See below for the latest news on what’s physically happening on campus.
University Building New Center for Rehabilitation Education
- In the fall of 2013, the University began construction of a new $47.5 million center for rehabilitation education on the corner of Jefferson Avenue and Linden Street. The new building is expected to be completed for the fall of 2015. Read more about the project. Updates about Pedestrian/Vehicular Traffic.
- Sept. 4: 7:45 p.m. Downtown Outdoor Movie - College Night. "Iron Man 3." Call 570-963-5901
- Sept. 8-10: Art exhibit: "Object and Image: Sculptures and Prints by Herbert Simon. Call 570-941-4214
- Sept. 9: 11 a.m. Volunteer Fair. Call 570-941-7429
- Sept. 18: 7 p.m. Ignatian Values in Action Lecture. Call 570-941-4399
- Sept. 19-21: The University of Scranton Family Weekend 2014. Call 570-941-4222
- Sept. 19-21, 26-28: "Table Manners" by Alan Ayckbourn. Call 570-941-4318
- Sept. 20: 8:45 a.m., Schemel Forum, "University for a Day." Call 570-941-6206
- Sept. 20: 7:30 p.m. In concert: The New York Trumpet Ensemble. Call 570-941-7624
- Sept. 27: 7:30 p.m. "What Makes It Great? The Great American Songbook." Call 570-941-7624
- Sept. 30: Noon, Schemel Forum, "Japanese Interement: A Shameful Ghost that Still Haunts Us." Call 570-941-6206
- 2014-2015 Community Relations Calendar