The University of Scranton's Office of Community Relations seeks to connect the University and the Greater Scranton community. We invite area residents, community leaders, non-profit organizations and businesses to engage in the life of the University through campus events, special programs and collaboration. At the same time, we encourage University's students, faculty and staff, and to join in the many exciting activities taking place in the Scranton area.
Find resources to connect with University life or Scranton area happenings.
University President Scott R. Pilarz, S.J., began his second tenure at Scranton on July 1, 2018. Upon his return, he wrote this note to the University community.
Campus & Neighborhood
See below for the latest news on what’s physically happening on campus.
University Renovates South Side Sports Complex
- The University of Scranton announced plans to invest $14 million to upgrade athletic fields and facilities known as the South Side Sports Complex, which is owned by the University. Plans include NCAA regulation baseball and softball fields and a multipurpose field that meets NCAA standards for soccer, lacrosse
andfield hockey. Plans also include a community basketball court, a children’s play area, field house, bleacher seating and parking.
- St. Joseph's Center Summer Festival | July 27-29 | Marywood University Campus
- First Friday Scranton | August 3 | Various Downtown Locations
- Scranton Jazz Festival | August 3-5 | Downtown Scranton & Radisson Lackawanna Station Hotel
- Lackawanna Arts Fest | August 4 | Courthouse Square
- La Festa Italiana | August 31-September 3 | Courthouse Square
- About Us
- Student & Faculty Service
- Economic Impact
- Health & Education
- Arts & Culture
- Hill Neighborhood
- Points of Pride