Open Enrollment 2020
November is Open Enrollment
The University of Scranton’s 2020 Open Enrollment Period will be held November 1, 2019 through December 6, 2019. The purpose of Open Enrollment is to allow plan participants to make changes to their health plan election (medical, prescription, dental, and vision). Changes during the Open Enrollment Period may include adding or deleting dependents from the plan, moving from one plan type to another or electing to opt in or out of the plan.
If you do not wish to make a change to your health plan or opt-out election, you will automatically retain your present coverage. Benefit choices made during the Open Enrollment Period for an employee or a dependent will take effect on January 1, 2020; provided the eligibility requirements are met, the participant is covered under the Plan, and all enrollment requirements are met.All benefit enrollment/change forms must be returned to the Office of Human Resources by the close of the business day on Friday, December 6, 2019.
Each tab above will provide you with open enrollment documents necessary including all plan information, enrollment forms and Regulatory Compliance Notices.
You may be required to enter your my.scranton.edu credentials to access the information. For employees needing to make changes, all completed forms must be received by the Office of Human Resources by December 6, 2019.
If you have any questions or require additional information please contact the Office of Human Resources at (570) 941-7767.
A representative from the Office of Human Resources will provide an overview of the health plans and will answer any questions you may have regarding your medical and prescription coverage. Enrollment forms will be provided, as well as information on the Flexible Spending Account.
The following plan information documents are available by clicking on each of the link:Medical Outlines of Coverage and Health information
- BlueCare HMO Plus Outline of Coverage
- PPO Blue Outline of Coverage
- Classic Blue (Traditional) Outline of Coverage
- Glossary of Health Coverage and Medical Terms (SBC)
- 2020 Staff Health Insurance Cost Sheet
- 2020 Faculty Health Insurance Cost Sheet
Vision Schedule of Benefits
Dental Schedule of Benefits
Employee Assistance Program
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Flexible Spending Quick Reference Guide
- Flexible Spending Member Online Account Manager
- Flexible Spending Dependent Care
The following forms are available by clicking on each of the links:
- Highmark Medical and Vision Enrollment Form (one form)
- United Concordia Dental Enrollment Form
- Premium Conversion Plan Form
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Enrollment Form
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Direct Deposit Form
- Critical Illness Insurance Enrollment Form
- Cigna Voluntary Term Life Insurance Enrollment Form
All benefit enrollment/change forms must be returned to the Office of Human Resources by the close of the business day on December 6, 2019.
The following Regulatory Compliance Notices are available by clicking on the link:
- Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Special Enrollment Notice
- Medicare D Creditable Coverage Disclosure Notice
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Patient Protection Disclosure Notice
- Uniform Glossary
- Women’s Health and Cancer Rights
- SBC - University of Scranton - PPO
- SBC - University of Scranton - HMO Plus
- SBC - University of Scranton - Traditional
- Staff and Administrators Handbook
Alternative Work Schedule
Mission and Community Service Leave
Time Away from Work
- Additional Benefits
- Elective Benefits
- Alternative Work Schedule
- Employment and Employee Relations
- Resources for Harassment and Discrimination
- Compliance Corner
- Early Learning Center
Office of Human Resources
St. Thomas Hall, Suite 100
The University of Scranton
Scranton, PA 18510-4633
To Report Suspected Child Abuse:Call CHILDLINE: (800)-932-0313