Small Business Development Center
The University of Scranton Small Business Development Center (SBDC) provides educational programs and free, confidential consulting services to entrepreneurs looking to start a small business or grow an existing small business in the following Pennsylvania counties:
The University of Scranton has hosted the SBDC since 1980, providing outstanding resources, support, and funding.
Women's Entrepreneurship Center
The University's Women’s Entrepreneurship Center (WEC) is a partnership between the Kania School of Management (KSOM) and the SBDC.
WEC student interns and SBDC staff offer business start-up information, guidance, and encouragement to low-income women, those in transition or those trying to make a better life for themselves and their families.
They do this by offering individual, confidential consulting and programs such as Coffee & Confidence – a 1-hour inspiration session and StartUP, a 6-week series that walks participants through the process of starting a business.
The Small Business Internship Initiative is a collaborative program created to help small businesses learn about, attract, and host high-value internships, connecting area small businesses and college students.
Value to Students
- Get Paid. All paid opportunities, with option of credit based on student interest/school approval.
- Gain Experience. The chance to take on more responsibilities and experience entrepreneurship firsthand – one-on-one guidance and education from small business mentors.
- Stay Local. Access to unique, local internship opportunities.
- The possibility to explore career options you didn't’t know existed!
Value to Small Businesses
- Grow Your Business. Hosting an intern can help you expand the capabilities of your business and reach your goals!
- Test Drive Talent. Welcoming students into your business is a great strategy – your talented intern can be your next permanent hire!
- Be Competitive. Adding a skilled intern’s perspective to your team will keep you a step ahead of the competition!
Learn more about the value of hosting a great internship at your small business! The Small Business Internship Initiative offers confidential guidance at no cost, from tools to marketing to skills!
Funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. All opinions, conclusions or recommendations expressed are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the SBA. All services extended to the public on a non-discriminatory basis. Language assistance services are available for limited English proficient individuals. ©  Pennsylvania Small Business Development Centers. All Rights Reserved.