KSOM Honor Societies
- BETA ALPHA PSI-NU KAPPA CHAPTER
The University of Scranton’s Nu Kappa Chapter of Beta Alpha Psi is the International Honor Organization for Financial Information Students and Professionals. It recognizes students' outstanding academic achievements in the field of accounting, finance, and information systems. There are over 300 chapters on college and university campuses with over 300,000 members initiated since Beta Alpha Psi's formation. This honors organization is open to undergraduate and graduate students majoring in Accounting, Finance, and Information Systems who have successfully completed at least one 300-level major course, have at least a 3.20 cumulative and major GPAs, and agree to complete 20 hours annually in Beta Alpha Psi professional and community service activities. Students meeting these requirements are invited to apply for membership in October and March, with the induction ceremony held in May. The one-time International Candidate Fee for membership is $78. For more information, visit the national website: https://www.bap.org/.
Moderator: Dr. Amanda Marcy, phone: 570-941-4120, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- BETA GAMMA SIGMA is the honor society for AACSB accredited business program. Members are eligible for scholarship programs, educational tour, BGS newsletter, career networking services, and alumni receptions. By invitation only. Top 10% of juniors, top 10% seniors and top 20% graduate students are invited.
Moderator: Dr. Iordanis Petsas, phone 570-941-7752, email email@example.com
- OMEGA BETA SIGMA is the business honor society for women founded at the University of Scranton in 1982. The purpose of this honor society is to pursue academic excellence; to confront and consider the unique problems and experiences of women in the realm of business and academics; to promote service to the community; and, most importantly, to express and maintain a strong commitment to the concept of human dignity and personal worth both in the competitive world of business and the society at large. Women with at least sophomore class standing and business as a major or minor and a QPI of 3.25 are invited to join in the fall. This honor society sponsors a dinner hosting a prominent woman speaker and participates in various service projects during the year. Annual dues are $25.00 which includes the cost of our dinner.
Moderator: Dr. Deborah Gougeon, phone 570-941-7610, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- OMICRON DELTA EPSILON is the National Honor Society in Economics. The local chapter was founded in 1969. Requirements are 12 credits hours in economics with a 3.0 QPI overall and in the major. Students are invited to apply for membership in February. The induction dinner is held in May. Omicron Delta Epsilon sponsors the highly successful Henry George Lecture each fall. Dues are $45.00 per year.
Moderator: Dr. Aram Balagyozyan, phone 570-941-5934, email email@example.com
- Kania School of Management
- Message from the Dean
- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- Faculty and Staff
- Student Advising
- Professional Development Passport Program
- The Kania School of Management
- Brennan Hall 400
- 320 Madison Avenue
- Scranton, PA 18510
- The University of Scranton
- Phone: (570) 941-4208