Academic Advising Center
Welcome to the Kania School of Management
Academic Advising Center
206 Brennan Hall · The University of Scranton, Scranton, PA 18510
570-941-6100 · Fax 570-941-4824
Office Hours :
Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
|How Academic Advising Works|
- YOU are the most important part of the advising process.
- You will be getting advice from family, friends, faculty and advisors - but YOU make the decisions.
- Advisors will not tell you what to do; they will make suggestions and guide you through your decision-making process by providing information about courses and majors.
- Advisors will make course recommendations based on program curriculum; however, YOU will register for the courses. During your pre-registration appointment an advisor will explain the registration process.
- Advisors can provide information about the curriculum and the ways in which your major fits into and around the general education program at the University of Scranton.
- They can discuss long range planning issues such as how to integrate a minor, second major, a year or term abroad, SJLA, or Honors coursework in your degree program.
- They can help you declare or change your major.
- They can suggest appropriate campus resources to meet your needs -- only if you tell them what your needs are.
Advisors can also...
- Help you build a time management schedule that meets your needs.
- Provide you with study tips to help you study smarter, not longer.
- Offer campus referrals to assist you with a variety of issues including homesickness, confusion about major, study abroad, etc.
- Offer assistance with academic difficulty and provide information to help you find academic success.
- Answer most academic questions you might ask, if an advisor does not know the answer, she will help you find the person who does know the answer.
- Help clarify University policies and procedures.
Advisors can NOT....
- Choose your courses for you.
- Drop courses without your written permission.
- Tell you what your major should be.
- Talk to your professors for you.
- Discuss your academic performance with your family unless you give your written permission.
- Kania School of Management
- Message from the Dean
- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- Faculty and Staff
- Student Advising
- Professional Development Passport Program
- The Kania School of Management
- Brennan Hall 400
- 320 Madison Avenue
- Scranton, PA 18510
- The University of Scranton
- Phone: (570) 941-4208