Ignatian Leadership Programs
The Jesuit Center sponsors and cooperates with a variety of programs designed to offer employees of the University the opportunity to deepen their understanding of the Jesuit and Catholic educational traditions and to hone their skills in articulating and living out that understanding.
Ignatian Colleagues Program (ICP)
ICP draws its name from St. Ignatius Loyola, the founder of the Society of Jesus (the Jesuits) who first committed Jesuits to the work of education in 1547. Nominated by the presidents of their institutions, ICP participants commit themselves to an 18-month process of learning, reflection and action culminating in a work-related project that advances his or her home institution’s mission. The program is designed to develop mission-related leadership skills in dedicated lay men and women. For more information, click here
AJCU Leadership Seminar
The Washington, DC-based Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities offers a two-phase leadership seminar, which meets for one week in two successive summers at Loyola University in Chicago. Covering a wide range of topics – everything from finance and admissions to curriculum development and student affairs, from study abroad and service programs to faith formation and the hiring of a president – the Seminar is designed to address the many issues facing current academic and administrative leaders and the developing leaders who will guide Jesuit education into the 21st Century. For more information, click here.
- Scranton Book Club / Royal Readers
- Jesuit Center Film Guide
An Ignatian retreat for a time of isolation.
- Faith Sharing
- Spirituality Resources
- The Ellacuría Initiative
- Jesuit and Papal Documents
First Year Faculty Ignatian Workshop
- Ignatius and The Society of Jesus
- Jesuit Education
Ignatian Pedagogy and Social Justice
- Dean Brackley Higher Standards
- Do Catholic Universities Still Have a Value Proposition?
- Finding God in All Things- Michael Himes
- Hellwig from Ignatian Reader
- Three Crucial Topics in Jesuit Higher Education
- Can Jesuit Institutions Afford Formation For Mission?
- Without a Vision, the people Perish - Lessons from Wheeling
- Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius
- The University of Scranton
211 St. Thomas
Scranton, PA 18510-4699