Jesuit Center Film Guide Introduction
Because we are living through some extraordinary events in our community’s history, The Jesuit Center of The University of Scranton would like to offer resources for sharing a good movie with your family. We’ll be updating this site often with new offerings so please stay tuned.
Each film guide offers a brief overview of the movie and a bit of context to give the viewer a sense of why this film expresses, at least in some fashion, values that are consistent with our Catholic and Jesuit Mission here at The U. We also provide a few questions to consider as you are watching the film that can be helpful when discussing it after the credits have finished rolling. Our staff enjoys these movies and we hope that you do as well.
We here at The Jesuit Center hope that your engagement with these films will spur some great conversation among those with whom you share them and bring you closer together. So, grab some popcorns and a beverage of your choice and enjoy your time at the movies!
-The Jesuit Center Staff
- Scranton Book Club / Royal Readers
- Jesuit Center Film Guide
An Ignatian retreat for a time of isolation.
- Faith Sharing
- Jesuit and Papal Documents
First Year Faculty Ignatian Workshop
- Ignatius and The Society of Jesus
- Jesuit Education
Ignatian Pedagogy and Social Justice
- Dean Brackley Higher Standards
- Do Catholic Universities Still Have a Value Proposition?
- Finding God in All Things- Michael Himes
- Hellwig from Ignatian Reader
- Three Crucial Topics in Jesuit Higher Education
- Can Jesuit Institutions Afford Formation For Mission?
- Without a Vision, the people Perish - Lessons from Wheeling
- Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius
- The University of Scranton
211 St. Thomas
Scranton, PA 18510-4699