PCPS Academic Advising Center


The Academic Advising Center serves all undergraduate and graduate students in The Panuska College of Professional Studies. Our goal is to give you the support you need to face the challenges of academic life. We provide individual assistance in academic advising, registration, and career planning. We'll work closely with you to help you develop an understanding of your educational needs and help you with planning for the future

Use the tabs below to access more information.

Important Information for Fall 2020

Credit Elsewhere

Students that are looking to take courses at another college or university must complete a Permission to Take Courses at Another Institution form and obtain the necessary approvals before taking the course. Otherwise, credit may not be granted for a course taken elsewhere.

Students looking to take a course at Marywood University will need to complete a Marywood Registration form and submit it to Kevin Curry, Assistant Dean of PCPS Academic Services.

Credit for Prior Learning

To receive credit for prior learning experience the Credit for Service Learning Experience form must be completed.

Course Substitutions

To substitute a course for another course or GE requirement complete the Course Substitution form.

Schedule Building

Adding or dropping a course: if you need to add or drop a course once the semester begins, please complete a Student Schedule Change form in order to officially drop or add a course.

Changing your Major: a Change of Curriculum form will need to be completed if you are changing your major. Freshman will not be able to change their major until the end of the fall semester.

Curriculum planning: an eight semester Curriculum planner is a proactive way to plan ahead for your future courses.

Withdrawing or Leave of Absence: if you need to withdraw from the University or take a Leave of Absence, a Withdrawal/Leave of Absencee form will need to be completed. 

All forms should be completed in its entirety and emailed back to the PCPS Advising Office.


Students in each year of a PCPS undergraduate program have different requirements and opportunities. Visit our Undergraduate Information page to learn more.



  • The Advising Center will email you to come in to sign up for a registration appointment. While scheduling your appointment, be sure to pick up a course registration form, block planner and semester planner.
  • Here are some tips to prepare for your appointment.
  • Please bring the required registration form  and a copy of your recent CAPP to your appointment.
  • Your adviser will give you your PIN for registration, along with the date and time you can register. 
  • Registration dates are set by the number of credits earned. View the schedule. 
  • To access the web registration, click here.
  • On registration days, the PCPS Advising Center will close at 3pm, but you can call us until 4:30pm at 570-941-6390 if you have a registration issue. Or you can stop into our office the following Monday to complete a problem registration form.

First year registration workshops are offered each October. You'll receive an email from the advising center with dates and times for presentations.


Undecided Major

Can't decide on a major? With the PCPS Exploratory Program, we can help you evaluate different majors and help you determine which will make a good fit.

Accelerated Master's Degree Programs

If you have an outstanding academic record, you may be eligible for admission into one of our Accelerated Master's Degree programs. These programs allow undergraduates to complete their bachelor's degree while also taking graduate courses. 

Panuska College faculty continue the tradition of our distinctive undergraduate education by making our graduate programs even more personalized and more focused on concrete professional and academic goals, with greater depth in research.

Registering for Classes

Because of the University’s obligations under federal financial aid regulations, as well as regulations for students receiving tuition benefits through the military or employer tuition benefits, that students are required to self-register for classes.

  • n campus students will receive an email from the Office of the Registrar of the dates for Intersession/Spring and or Summer/Fall registration.
  • On campus students must obtain a registration term PIN from your graduate program mentor in order to self-register.
  • Online students will receive an email with their PIN along with a program newsletter explaining the online self-registration process.
  • If you are unable to register yourself due to a course restriction, please reach out to the Graduate Program Director or the Coordinator of PCPS Graduate Academic Services.

The course schedules are listed on the Registrar's webpage. Click on Course Search by Term on the left. You can find courses by subject, course number, instructor or educational level.

Web registration allows you to add, drop or review your courses as many times as necessary to complete, print, or change your schedule. There is no time limit on your registration session, however, the system will log off after five minutes of inactivity.

Specific step-by-step instructions to self-register can be found by clicking here.

If you have any problems with registration, please contact Tammy Manka, Coordinator of PCPS Graduate Academic Services at or by calling 570-941-4286. 

Standards of Progress for Graduate Students

Grade Requirements

All graduate students must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.00 in order to graduate with a master's or doctoral degree. They must also maintain a cumulative graduate GPA of 3.00 to remain in good standing.

Graduate students should also refer to their program's student handbook, since individual programs may have GPA higher standards as well as course-specific grade requirements.

Academic Probation and Dismissal

  • A graduate student whose cumulative GPA falls between a 3.00 and a 2.00 will be placed on academic probation.
  • Students on academic probation are required to earn a cumulative graduate GPA of at least 3.00 within the next three courses taken (normally nine hours of course work) in order to remain in good academic standing. Failure to fulfill this expectation may result in dismissal.
  • Although there are no set limits on the number of courses a graduate student may take in a semester while on academic probation, it is imperative that the student recognizes the need for improved academic performance in order to regain the minimum graduate GPA of 3.00 within the next three courses.
  • A graduate student whose cumulative graduate GPA falls below a 2.00 will be subject to dismissal. 

Helpful Hints for Academic Success

Academic Integrity Policy

All students are responsible for complying with the University's Academic Code of Honesty, which addresses behavioral integrity in academic work. Code violations include plagiarism, duplicate submission of the same work, collusion, providing false information, unauthorized use of computers, theft and destruction of property, and unauthorized possession of tests and other materials. 

Learn more about the Academic Integrity Policy.