Graduate Students

Hints for Academic Success

  • Students should meet with their graduate program mentor at least once per semester for guidance in choosing courses and career mentorship.
  • Information regarding your Graduate Program Advisor/Mentor can be found under the student tab within the my.scranton portal. Click on "Student Profile" to see your advisor information.
  • If you are having problems in a class, consult the instructor early on. Don't wait until it is too late.
  • Let your advisor know if there are challenges in your personal life that are interfering with your studies.
Not sure whom to contact about a concern? Get in touch with Tammy Manka, Coordinator of PCPS Graduate Academic Services, at 570-941-4286 or and she will point you in the right direction.

Additional Hints

The Academic Calendar provides you with class start and end dates, as well as dates to add or drop a class with a full or partial refund.

Advising and Web Registration -- Graduate students must self-register for courses. For each term, you should consult with your graduate advisor, who has the responsibility of helping you plan your courses for your program. The courses that are offered in each Special Term can be searched here. You will need a registration term PIN, which can be obtained from your program newsletter.

The Graduate Studies Catalog contains detailed information about your program requirements as well as university-wide academic policies.

Time Limit -- All graduate work for a degree must be completed within six years of the date when the first graduate course is taken. Time spent in the armed forces is not included in the six-year period.

Change of Name or Change of Address -- It is your responsibility to keep your contact information up to date. If your address changes, you must complete a form with the Registrar's Office. The name on your transcript and diploma will match the name we have for you in our records. If you have a legal name change, you must provide documentation for that change to be updated in your university records.

Scroll to Top