International Students

International students are welcomed and embraced throughout a University of Scranton education. We welcome you to submit an application and continue your studies at our institution.

For additional information on the support offered to international students, visit the Office of Global Education's website.

In addition to completing the standard requirements for the application process, international students looking to study on-campus will also have to submit the following:

  • Proof of English proficiency
  • Certificate of finances/scholarship letter. You are encouraged to submit a letter or statement from a bank listing the required amount of assured financial support necessary.


International students should apply to the term in which they will begin their graduate program at The University of Scranton. If you required an English transition program, please apply to Scranton for the term in which your English transition program will be completed and you are ready to begin graduate coursework.

Please be sure to request that your application documents be sent to the address below:

The University of Scranton
Office of International Admissions - The Estate
Rear 223 Monroe Avenue
Scranton, PA 18510

June 1: Application and all official documents due for admission into the fall term.
Nov. 1: Application and all official documents due for admission into the spring term.
March 1: Application and all official documents due for admission into the summer term.

Counseling programs applicants have a preferred application deadline of Nov. 15 and a standard deadline of March 1.

The following programs only accept applications to begin in the fall term:

  • Master of Health Administration
  • Master of Science in Biochemistry, Chemistry and Clinical Chemistry
  • Master of Science in Nursing
  • Master of Science in Software Engineering
  • Doctor of Business Administration

Applicants that are from non-English speaking countries are required to submit proof of English proficiency. This proof can be achieved in a number of ways:

To be eligible to receive a form I-20 from The University of Scranton, in addition to the academic requirements, you must submit an official certificate of finances. Once you have received a full admission letter and have electronically confirmed your enrollment, the I-20 is issued. You cannot be issued an I-20 until you have been offered full admission and confirmed your enrollment.

How much do I have to provide in order to be issued an I-20?


Certification of Finances Information 2022-2023

For students pursuing graduate studies at The University of Scranton, your assured support for the first twelve (12) months of study should be at least US$50,832.00. This total cost estimate consists of:

Tuition & Fees (24 credit hours @ $965 per credit plus $300 in fees): US$23,460.00

Room & Board: US$20,372.00

Books & Supplies: US$2,875.00

Personal Expenses (est. US$400 for health insurance): US$4,125.00

TOTAL: US$50,832.00



*Graduate students bringing dependents may be required to show assured financial support of an additional US$2,500.00 per dependent.

Country: India

Ashok Kallam, Director
Liban George, India Representative

Do you offer conditional admission?

Yes! We offer conditional admission pending proof of English proficiency and GMAT/GRE scores (if applicable). Conditional admission is offered to those applicants that meet our academic requirements for admission as determined by the graduate program director. 

When is Orientation and the first day of classes?

For the fall 2021 term, International Student Orientation is Friday, August 27th and the first day of classes is Monday, August 30, 2021.

For additional information, view the University's academic calendar.

When will I first meet my advisor?

You will be assigned a mentor/advisor after you are fully admitted and confirm your enrollment to The University of Scranton. Prior to arriving on campus, we recommend you contact your advisor to schedule a meeting to discuss course registration. You should also schedule a follow-up meeting for once you have arrived in the United States.

Any additional questions can be sent to the Office of Graduate and International Admissions: or by calling +1-570-941-4416.