Flexible programming. Jesuit values. Successful outcomes.
You'll find all of this - and more - when you choose The University of Scranton for your graduate studies.
Please select your program choice below to access the appropriate application for admission.
Some programs and delivery methods may require specific application documents and/or deadlines. Be sure to reference the Graduate Programs page for additional information.
Campus-based Graduate Degree Programs Applicationplus or minus
The University of Scranton is dedicated to academic excellence and engagement. Our campus-based graduate programs provide students with the opportunity to interact with the campus community and embrace the hallmarks of a traditional education.
To begin the admission process for an on-campus master or doctoral level program (including Accountancy, Applied Behavior Analysis, Applied Behavior Analysis Post-Graduate Certificate, Biochemistry, Business Administration, Business Analytics, Chemistry, Clinical Chemistry, Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Doctor of Business Administration, Doctor of Nursing Practice, Executive Nurse Leadership, Family Nurse Practitioner, Finance, Health Administration, Nurse Anesthesia, Rehabilitation Counseling, School Counseling, Secondary Education, Special Education, Software Engineering and Theology) please complete the free online application. In addition to the application, you must submit:
- official academic transcripts from every college/university attended
- Three professional letters of recommendation from individuals who can evaluate your ability to perform graduate level coursework;
- Some programs may require additional application requirements. This information can be found within the program specific pages and will be updated on your application checklist upon application submission.
*Due to the ongoing pandemic, electronic delivery of transcripts is preferred. Please be sure to request that your transcript(s) and any other supplemental materials are forwarded to:
Email: email@example.comVia United States Postal Service:The University of ScrantonOffice of Graduate & International Admissions - The Estate800 Linden StreetScranton, PA 18510Phone: (570) 941-4416
Via FedEx/DHL:The University of ScrantonOffice of Graduate & International Admissions - The EstateRear 223 Monroe AvenueScranton, PA 18510
Campus-based Non-Degree Applicationplus or minus
The University of Scranton offers eligible students the opportunity to pursue coursework as a Non-Degree Seeking student through either self-improvement coursework or transferring credit back to your home institution. We understand that this route may contribute to your personal growth and/or professional development or complements your graduate program elsewhere.
To apply as a non-degree seeking student for ON-CAMPUS coursework, please complete the free, online Non-Degree-Seeking Application. In addition to the application, you will have to submit the following:
- Self-Improvement applicants:
- Official copy of your final bachelor's degree transcript as well as an official copy of any other transcripts showing post-baccalaureate work undertaken
- Transfer of Credit to Another Institution applicants:
- Written approval from the dean, registrar or other authorized administrator of your home graduate school verifying your status as a student in good standing at that institution.
- Self-Improvement applicants:
Online Graduate Degree & Non-Degree Programs Applicationplus or minus
Accountancy, Business Administration, Business Analytics, Dual MBA/MHA, Finance, Health Administration, Health Informatics, Human Resources
We understand the challenges a graduate students’ schedule presents can make it difficult to attend classes in the traditional classroom setting. If you require flexibility in your schedule, The University of Scranton offers many online graduate programs. All course offerings for online programs take place over eight week terms which are offered six times per academic year.
To begin the admission process, please complete this free online application. In addition to the application, you must submit:
• Official academic transcripts from every college/university attended
• Three professional letters of recommendation from individuals who can evaluate your ability to perform graduate level coursework
• Some programs may require additional application requirements. This information can be found within the program specific pages.
Please be sure to request that your transcript(s) and any other supplemental materials are forwarded to:
The University of Scranton Online Processing Center
851 Trafalgar Court Suite 420 West
Maitland, FL 32751
Physical Therapy Centralized Application Service (PTCAS)plus or minus
The Physical Therapy department at The University of Scranton participates in the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service, known as PTCAS. To access and learn more about the PTCAS application process, please visit the PTCAS website.
Please submit all application documents directly to PTCAS.
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended;
- Three professional letters of recommendation from individuals who can evaluate your ability to perform graduate work;
- Statement of intentions
- Pre-requisite courses must be completed with a grade of C or better:
- Biology with labs – 2 courses, 8 credits minimum
- General Chemistry with labs – 2 courses, 8 credits minimum
- General Physics with Labs-2 courses, 8 credits minimum
- Mammalian/Human Physiology – 1 course, 3 credits minimum
- General Psychology – 1 course, 3 credits minimum
- Advanced Psychology (Childhood, Adolescence, Aging or Abnormal Psychology) – 1 course, 3 credits minimum
- Statistics – 1 course, 3 credits minimum