Flexible programming. Jesuit values. Successful outcomes.
You'll find all of this - and more - when you choose The University of Scranton for your graduate studies.
Please select your program choice below to access the appropriate application for admission.
Some programs and delivery methods may require specific application documents and/or deadlines. Be sure to reference the Graduate Programs page for additional information.
Campus-based Graduate Degree Programsplus or minus
The University of Scranton is dedicated to academic excellence and engagement. Our campus-based graduate programs provide students with the opportunity to interact with the campus community and embrace the hallmarks of a traditional education.
To begin the admission process for an on-campus master or doctoral level program (including Accountancy, Adult Gerontology - Clinical Nurse Specialist, Biochemistry, Business Administration, Chemistry, Clinical Chemistry, Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Doctor of Business Administration, Doctor of Nursing Practice, Family Nurse Practitioner, Finance, Health Administration, Nurse Anesthesia, Rehabilitation Counseling, School Counseling, Secondary Education, Special Education, Software Engineering and Theology) please complete the free online application. In addition to the application, you must submit:
- official academic transcripts from every college/university attended
- Three professional letters of recommendation from individuals who can evaluate your ability to perform graduate level coursework;
- Some programs may require additional application requirements. This information can be found within the program specific pages and will be updated on your application checklist upon application submission.
Please be sure to request that your transcript(s) and any other supplemental materials are forwarded to:Via United States Postal Service:The University of ScrantonOffice of Graduate & International Admissions - The Estate800 Linden StreetScranton, PA 18510Phone: (570) 941-4416Email: email@example.comVia FedEx/DHL:The University of ScrantonOffice of Graduate & International Admissions - The EstateRear 223 Monroe AvenueScranton, PA 18510Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Graduate Degree Programsplus or minus
Accountancy, Business Administration, Dual MBA/MHA, Finance, Health Administration, Health Informatics, Human Resources
We understand the challenges a graduate students’ schedule presents can make it difficult to attend classes in the traditional classroom setting. If you require flexibility in your schedule, The University of Scranton offers many online graduate programs. All course offerings for online programs take place over eight week terms which are offered six times per academic year.
To begin the admission process, please complete this free online application. In addition to the application, you must submit:
• Official academic transcripts from every college/university attended
• Three professional letters of recommendation from individuals who can evaluate your ability to perform graduate level coursework
• Some programs may require additional application requirements. This information can be found within the program specific pages.
Please be sure to request that your transcript(s) and any other supplemental materials are forwarded to:
The University of Scranton Online Processing Center
851 Trafalgar Court Suite 420 West
Maitland, FL 32751
These programs are designed with the working teacher in mind. Those who are looking to advance their career in education, or become more knowledgeable about curriculum & instruction or administration will be educated about today’s schools and leadership. Courses are offered in eight week, 100% online terms. Real world experience is gained through the last course(s) in the curriculum, which is are practicum courses. Your education will be flexible, and you can log into your class anywhere, any time!
To begin the admission process, please complete the online application. In addition to the application, you must submit:
- Copy of current teacher certification OR letter of confirmation for uncertified private or parochial teachers
- Statement of Intentions
- Official transcripts from every university attended
- Three letters of recommendation
- 1-2 page resume
- International applicants:
- Score from TOEFL or IELTS
- (STEP for Japanese applicants)
- Certified credential evaluation
- Student VISA (if applicable)
Physical Therapy Centralized Application Service (PTCAS)plus or minus
The Physical Therapy department at The University of Scranton participates in the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service, known as PTCAS. To access and learn more about the PTCAS application process, please visit the PTCAS website.
Please submit all application documents directly to PTCAS.
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended;
- Three professional letters of recommendation from individuals who can evaluate your ability to perform graduate work;
- Statement of intentions
- Pre-requisite courses must be completed with a grade of C or better:
- Biology with labs – 2 courses, 8 credits minimum
- General Chemistry with labs – 2 courses, 8 credits minimum
- General Physics with Labs-2 courses, 8 credits minimum
- Mammalian/Human Physiology – 1 course, 3 credits minimum
- General Psychology – 1 course, 3 credits minimum
- Advanced Psychology (Childhood, Adolescence, Aging or Abnormal Psychology) – 1 course, 3 credits minimum
- Statistics – 1 course, 3 credits minimum
- Mathematics (Trigonometry or higher) - 1 course, 3 credits minimum
Non-Degree Admission Applicationplus or minus
The University of Scranton offers eligible students the opportunity to pursue coursework as a Non-Degree Seeking student through either self-improvement coursework or transferring credit back to your home institution. We understand that this route may contribute to your personal growth and/or professional development or complements your graduate program elsewhere.
To apply as a non-degree seeking student for ON-CAMPUS coursework, please complete the free, online Non-Degree-Seeking Application. In addition to the application, you will have to submit the following:
- Self-Improvement applicants:
- Official copy of your final bachelor's degree transcript as well as an official copy of any other transcripts showing post-baccalaureate work undertaken
- Transfer of Credit to Another Institution applicants:
- Written approval from the dean, registrar or other authorized administrator of your home graduate school verifying your status as a student in good standing at that institution.
- Self-Improvement applicants: