Software being purchased for University equipment must comply with our security policies and be compatible with the desktop configuration standards and network configuration already in place. If the software requested is one that the University has a site license for, there will be no charge to the department.
All software installed on University-owned equipment must adhere to the software license agreement. Some software can only be installed on one device while other software can be installed multiple times. Other license restrictions such as academic or research use only must also be followed.
Benefits of purchasing software in collaboration with Client Services include:
- Discounts and educational pricing from existing contracts, consortiums and agreements
- Quantity pricing (if applicable) and exclusion of sales tax due to University’s tax exempt status
- Utilizing existing site licensed software to save budget dollars
- Tracking of asset through entire lifecycle
- Compatibility checks for use on our network configuration and desktop setups
- License agreement review for compliance
- Streamlined installations
- All software installed on University-owned equipment must adhere to the software license agreement.
- Other license restrictions such as academic or research use only must also be followed.
- Note: All contracts must be approved by the Office of General Counsel before being signed.
Faculty and staff