Division of Information Technology
The Division of Information Technology leverages technology resources to enhance our students' educational experiences. Our mission is to promote and provide technology that increases and enhances learning opportunities, not only in the classroom, but also beyond, to enrich global perspective. We promote an environment of cura personalis, where we are concerned with the development of the whole person - mind, body and spirit.
Our strength lies in our commitment to engage and collaborate with our campus community. We stay abreast of new technologies, which impacts student success and business processes. Our main objective is to understand the campus culture, and to be attentive to student, faculty and staff needs, so that we may provide direction and enhancements.
We provide technology solutions and enable business process improvements that support teaching, learning and administrative functions. We assist the University community in achieving its mission and values by being a centralized information technology resource. We deliver quality and innovative resources in a secure environment.
We are driven by our values and a shared commitment to excellence:
- We are accountable for the services we provide.
- We engage with our campus community.
- We take pride and responsibility for our work.
- We demonstrate integrity through honesty, trust and fairness.
- We maintain our technical proficiencies.
- We embrace teamwork and collaboration.
- We foster an open working environment that promotes effective information sharing.
Information Technology Strategic Plan 2021-2024
The Information Technology Strategic Plan details organizational initiatives, priorities, and allocation of resources in response to the University's Strategic Plan.
Division of Information Technology Staff Listing
Carl Hurst was named Associate Vice President for Information Technology and Chief Information Officer in 2022. In this role, he is responsible for the leadership and management of the strategic use of technology in support of the University’s mission and goals. He also serves as a member of the President’s Cabinet. Prior to joining the University, Mr. Hurst was the Director of Technical Infrastructure at TMG Health, Manager of Network and Desktop Infrastructure at Blue Cross on NEPA, and Manager of Windows and Desktop Server Systems at Commonwealth Telephone Enterprises. He earned his bachelor’s degree in computer science from Wilkes University.
The Division of Information Technology is complimented by divisional support in the areas of IT asset and vendor relations, IT budget, and administrative assistance.
- Danielle Morse, IT Asset Management Administrator
- Karyn Salitsky, Assistant to the CIO
- Eve Walsh-Bisignani, Administrative Assistant
- Richard Smith, Information Security Analyst
- Ikram Muhammad, Information Security Engineer
Services include the Technology Support Center, Training and Communications.
- Julie Brackeva-Phillips, Manager
- Karl Johns, Technology Support Center Analyst
- Chad McCall, Technology Support Center Analyst
- Donald McCall, Technology Support Center Analyst
Services include Desktop Management (Physical / Virtual), Computer Labs and Endpoint support (PC / Macintosh / VDI / Mobile).
- Deanna Beyrent, Manager
- Gustavo Fernandez, Client Services Analyst
- Diane Kennedy, Client Services Analyst
- Tom Kern, Field Services Technician
- Joe Kitcho, Field Services Technician
- Vince Merkel, Client Services Analyst
- Glen Pace, Field Services Technician
Services include Instructional Technology, Media / AV Technology, and Event Support. Staffing will collaborate with CTLE in support of teaching and learning. Additional staffing will support faculty in the classroom and event support with a 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm schedule and Saturday coverage.
- Rob Kennedy, Media and Control Systems Engineer
- Sean Lehman, Media Services Specialist
- Jason Oakey, Media Systems Engineer
- Jason Wimmer, Manager
Services include ERP Application Support / Reporting, ERP Development Integration, and Business Process Improvements.
- Shawn Beistline, Application Administrator
- Carol Cornell, ERP Support Analyst
- Will Geiger MBA, UXC, Application Developer/Integrator
- Kenneth Hensel, Business Applications Analyst
- Cindy Hricko, Business Applications Analyst
- Rose Ann Jubinski, Business Applications Analyst
- Jon Kessell, Manager
- Bob Klem, Database Support Analyst
- Ronald Passaro, Application Developer/Integrator
- Divyang Patel, Application Developer/Integrator
Services include Enterprise Servers and Storage, Directory Services and Authentication, Virtualization and Cloud Technologies, Application Support, Network Infrastructure and Telecommunications.
- Tom Cody, Manager Infrastructure Services
- Lee DeAngelis, Senior Systems Administrator
- Phil Erb, Senior Systems Administrator
- Tony Gazoo, Application Administrator
- Chris Krall, Systems Engineer
- Lisa Notarianni, Telecommunications Engineer
- John Ochman, ERP Database Administrator
- David Zwanch, Network Administrator