University of Scranton Programming Board (USPB)
The University of Scranton Programming Board (USPB) is a student run organization with the purpose of sponsoring social, cultural, educational, and recreational events at the University of Scranton. We strive to make all of our programs accessible and enjoyable for the campus community. The students involved in USPB will gain valuable leadership experience and learn more about programming and the implementation of both small and large scale events. Each year we plan over 50 events as “men & women for and with others” that are open to university students, faculty and staff, and most of which are free.
EventsEach year, we plan over 50 events that are open to university students, most of which are free!
- Coffeehouse: The Coffeehouse Committee works to bring up-and-coming singers and songwriters to campus, usually on the first floor of the DeNaples Center near Starbucks. Sometimes the committee opens the stage up to the students when they host Open Mic Nights!
- Comedy: The Comedy Committee brings up-and-coming comedians to campus. These comedy shows are typically held in the Moskovitz Theater.
- Mission: The Mission Committee focuses on engaging the campus and city of Scranton community through various types of events. Mission events focus on engaging the community in any way and are not limited to service events. The committee plans events like Salsa Magic (interactive Latin dance party), Fall Ball, and paint nights.
- Movies: The Movies Committee puts on screenings of movies on campus, as well as plans an off-campus trip each semester.
- Novelty & Variety: The Novelty & Variety Committee hosts a wide array of events such as the Hershey Park Trip, Midnight Madness, and trips to local attractions. The events they host are open to the campus community and tend to change yearly, based on the interests of the campus!
- Campus Traditions: The Campus Traditions Committee holds up the traditions we have on campus. These traditions range from NYC/Broadway shows to Family Weekend and Christmas on the Commons!
- Publicity: The Publicity Committee has the important job of promoting the USPB brand and all of the events we host and is in charge of the social media accounts. The committee will also host pop-up publicity events throughout the semester, including the Publicity Launch during Welcome Week.
- The Executive Chair oversees all members of USPB including Vice Chairs and Committee Heads and is directly responsible for the Publicity Committee. The Executive Chair runs bi-weekly meetings for the board, monitors the full budget for USPB, and also acts as the main contact for USPB for agencies. The Executive Chair is also the USPB representative to the University community.
- The Vice Chair of Series Events is directly responsible for the Comedy, Coffeehouse and Movie Committee Co-Heads. This role is responsible to be at all series events as well as any other assignments designated by the Chair. The Vice Chair of Series Events is also responsible to fulfill duties of the Chair if they is absent or unavailable for meetings or events.
- The Vice Chair of Special Events is directly responsible for Novelty & Variety, Campus Traditions, and Mission Committee Co-Heads. This role is responsible to be at all special events as well as any other assignments designated by the Chair. The Vice Chair of Special Events is also responsible to fulfill duties of the Chair if they is absent or unavailable for meetings or events.
This year's Chairs are:
- Hirali Patel - Executive Chair
- Jordan Pedagna - Vice Chair of Special Events
- Hannah Kohrn - Vice Chair of Series Events
USPB plans around 50 events per year, and we like to reward our frequent attendees! You will receive credit for just about every USPB event you attend, and we have three tiers of prizes available for students who attend 8, 10, or 12 events per semester. Want to learn more? Contact us on ROYALSYNC!
Joining the Board
Interested in helping to plan the best events on campus? USPB recruits its board members annually in the spring semester (usually right after Spring Break). Keep an eye out for application information around that time. Pro tip: follow the USPB Instagram to keep up to date on all things USPB, including board applications!