Mary Jane K. DiMattio, PhD, RN
- B.S.N., University of Scranton
- M.S.N., Villanova University
- Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania
- Alpha Sigma Nu
- Jesuit Honor Society
- Northeast Woman, September 2015
- Sigma Theta Tau
- Dr. DiMattio’s research interests center around preparing highly educated nurses and retaining a sufficient number of these nurses in the hospital setting. She has received internal grant funding from The University of Scranton and external funding from the National League for Nursing. Dr. DiMattio has publications in top-tier journals (Nursing Research & Nursing Outlook) and is a peer reviewer for Nursing Research and the Journal of Nursing Scholarship). She also serves as a grant reviewer for the National League for Nursing, Research in Nursing Education Grant program.
Dr. DiMattio has been a nurse educator for 23 years. Her primary teaching responsibilities include adult, medical-surgical nursing for undergraduate students and research methodology for both undergraduate and graduate students. She has also taught graduate students in the nurse educator concentration.
Dr. DiMattio currently serves as Chair of the Board of Trustees at Regional Hospital of Scranton. Prior to that, she served on the Board of Mercy Health partners and chaired the Board Quality Committee, charged with monitoring the hospital’s quality improvement initiatives and reporting of quality metrics. Her experience also includes membership on Executive Compensation and CEO search committees. Finally, Dr. DiMattio is involved in the Northeast 1 Region of the Pennsylvania Action Coalition.
- Program Purpose and Outcomes
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Faculty and Staff
- Professional and Scholarly Opportunities
Department of Nursing
The University of Scranton
800 Linden Street
Scranton, PA 18510-4595