The pre-engineering program at The University of Scranton is home to a unique group of faculty and students who inspire
Above: Students compete at an IEEE Competition.
A University of Scranton pre-engineering education keeps students competitive with exciting opportunities, like:
- Early access to specialized equipment. Use state-of-the-art tools to challenge yourself as you push the limits of technology — our students regularly win competitions with their devices across the region.
- Collaborative exploration. Work closely with peers and faculty mentors as you explore advanced systems. The pre-engineering program encourages a team-based approach like you will encounter in the real world. The continuous exchange and feedback will push your achievements farther than you thought possible.
- Industry exposure. Build your resume and your network as your get real-world inspiration in the field. Get insight from industry professionals who regularly visit campus. Explore your interests with faculty-mentored projects. Challenge yourself by competing in engineering competitions.
"Students here can spend three to four weeks on some pretty nifty equipment, which they couldn’t do at a bigger university because they have too many students to accommodate."
Declan Mulhull, Professor in the Physics/EE Department
Physics and Engineering Department
- Program Curriculum
- Student Experiences
- Inside the Classroom
- Inside the Labs
- Department Newsletters
- Student Clubs
- Faculty/Contact Us
- Dept. of Physics & Engineering
- Scranton, PA 18510
- The University of Scranton
- Phone: +1 (570) 941-7509
- Fax: +1 (570) 941-4085
The Center for Career Development is here to help you "map" out your path to success.