The department's IEEE Club is a student branch of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, the world's largest technical professional organization.
The club helps physics and engineering majors see the possibilities of where they could end up after college in their respective fields. Seminars are tailored to present the business occurring inside various companies, and occasionally there are some pretty cool speakers from intriguing companies.
You can learn about internship opportunities available, what different companies do, and discover both cool and practical ideas people have developed in a variety of industries — along with just how the technology works and how these companies operate.
Students attend a variety of presentations each year, on topics like:
- The changing culture of robotics
- Ultrasonic welding
- Electric Vehicles
- Professional networking and applying for jobs
- Project management
Check out our event schedules from past semesters and take a look through our photo gallery. That will give you an idea of what it's like to be a member of IEEE.
Club officers help organize events each semester. The 2020-2021 officers are listed below and are available by email to answer any questions you may have about IEEE.
- President: Cuong Nguyen '23 -- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President: Veronica Romanek '23 -- email@example.com
- Secretary: Francis Lynch '23 -- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer: William Cantwell '22 -- email@example.com
- SAC Advisor: Ellie Rosentel '22 -- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Webmaster: Joseph Tholley '23 -- email@example.com