Health Information Requirements and Forms
New Student Health Information Requirements
All new students are asked to provide health information to Student Health Services. Health care delivery is maximized when the student’s personal health history is available for review. Continuity of care is enhanced when the student’s private physician includes Student Health Services in their treatment plan. Complete and up to date medical information is needed in order to provide safe and effective care. All records are considered confidential; they are not shared with anyone in The University system.
Student Health Services does maintain health records for the duration of the student’s enrollment and for seven years beyond the date of graduation. Records older than seven years are not available or retrievable. Students are encouraged to keep a personal copy of their immunizations with other important personal documents in case they are needed in the future.
Proof of health insurance is not required for matriculation at The University of Scranton. All services provided to students at Student Health Services are covered by tuition fees. The University of Scranton does not bill insurance for student visits. Payment for services received outside of the University (i.e., outpatient clinics, ER/hospital, laboratories) are the student’s responsibility. Students are encouraged to carry a copy of their insurance card with them and to be familiar with its use while they are in Scranton.
To complete your Health Information Requirements please log into your Student Health Portal (click the link to be connected) and provide/complete the following:
- Your immunization record (uploaded to the Student Health Portal)
- Proof of meningitis vaccination OR a signature on the meningitis waiver form indicating you are declining immunization (uploaded to the Student Health Portal). Pennsylvania State Law requires that all dormitory students receive the meningitis vaccine. If you are declining vaccination, review and complete the meningitis waiver
- TB questionnaire & physician assessment form
- A copy of the most recent physical exam (you may use the health evaluation form ) - upload to the Student Health Portal.
- Your health history (Under FORMS in the Student Health Portal)
- A copy of your insurance card (uploaded to the Student Health Portal)
Follow these steps to upload documents:
- Log into your Student Health Portal (click the link to be connected)
- Click “Upload” from the menu bar on the top of the page
- PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR NAME, ROYAL NUMBER AND DATE OF BIRTH ARE ON ALL SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION
- Choose which document you are uploading from the drop-down list example i.e., freshman physical exam, immunization history, insurance card, TB screening and meningitis waiver.
- Click select file to see all of your electronic files on your computer or smart phone
- Click on the electronic file you want to upload
- Click Upload
In addition, please complete these electronic forms in your online Student Health Portal:
- health history form (found under the forms tab)
- immunization history (found under the immunization tab) The student transcribes the dates immunizations were received to the online form
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION
Is there a specific health evaluation/physical exam/immunization form?
Student Health Services does not require students to submit a particular form. A print out of the most recent physical exam and an up to date copy of the student’s immunization form from the private medical provider is acceptable. If the provider cannot supply the student with an electronic print out, the student may use this evaluation form .
The student submitted the required forms but it still says “partial” in Forms3. What am I missing?
Staff is processing the forms as they are received. It may take up to 10 days for uploads to be reviewed and processed. Forms received by mail may take up to 3 weeks to be reviewed and processed. When the student’s records are processed, the check list is marked. Incomplete records are marked “partial”, as in “partially complete”. A secure message is sent to the student advising them of which forms they are missing. Students may click on the ‘partially complete” link in FORMS3 to access the student health portal and the secure message in order to find out why their forms are partially complete.
I can't have my physical exam until after July 15th- what will happen?
Students who are encountering scheduling difficulties may provide Student Health Services with an uploaded copy of their most recent physical exam. The student is asked to send a secure message to Student Health Services indicating when the updated information will be available. While there are no penalties for late submission, it is important to complete the forms as soon as possible.
Where can I fax my records?
Student Health Services cannot accept faxed or emailed records. Records must be uploaded into the electronic health records program. Occasionally, a student may encounter difficulty uploading a form. Forms may be mailed to Student Health Services if uploading is not an option. Please do not incur an additional expense by sending documents via “overnight” or “express” mail. There are no penalties for forms received shortly after the deadline. Remember, mailed forms can take up to 3 weeks for review and processing.
Tip: If you cannot scan your documents, you can upload a photo instead. Access your Student Health Portal through your smartphone or tablet and follow the prompts to upload a photo of your documents. It's a snap to do!