Master of Health Administration (MHA) Program
THE PROGRAM VISION:
To achieve and to be known for excellence in health administration education, scholarship, and service.
THE PROGRAM MISSION:
- Provide local, regional, and international students a comprehensive, practical, and interdisciplinary set of core competencies, knowledge, skills, and values for health administration jobs in a variety of healthcare organizations
- Contribute scholarship to its disciplines, especially applied research, publications, and presentations
- Contribute service to its communities and professions, especially voluntary work but also including consultation
In fulfilling its mission, the Program strives to satisfy interests of multiple stakeholders while reflecting Jesuit ideals.
The MHA program has been highly successful in its preparation of students:
2018-19 graduates attained a 99% job placement rate, as reported by the annual MHA Alumni Survey
- Our Master of Health Administration is accredited by CAHME (formerly ACEHSA).
- This accreditation reflects the commitment to and achievement of national standards for graduate level health care administration education.
- Additionally, the MHA program maintains full graduate membership status with the AUPHA.
- The program uses the Healthcare Leadership Alliance Competency Model.
|Adopted MHA Program Core Competencies|
|Course-Specific Competencies (Syllabi)|
- Bachelors Degree from an American College or University which is accredited
- Or equivalent from an International College or University
- Undergraduate GPA of at least 3.00 on a grading scale of 4.00
- Complete Graduate School Application
- Official Transcripts
- Three letter of reference from people capable of evaluating educational background and work experience or personal character
- Resume and career statement with career goals
- TOEFL exam for international students
- 550 Written Score; 210 Online Score
- Personal Interview with the Program Director
Get more information on the MHA Admissions Page
View the MHA Program Manual
View the Online MHA Program Manual
View the Online MHA HAD 580 Fieldwork Manual
- Health Administration
- Human Resources
- Faculty and Staff
- Student Resources
- Study Abroad
- Service Learning
- Health Administration & Human Resources
- 4th Floor McGurrin Hall
- Scranton, PA 18510
- The University of Scranton
- Phone: 570-941-4350