The Business Leadership Program
Leadership, the process of persuasion or example by which the members of a group are persuaded to pursue the group's objective, is the focus of many new programs in education. The Business Leadership Program in the Kania School of Management provides selected students with an opportunity to perfect their talents for business leadership. The program includes special sections of key business courses taught from the leadership perspective, leadership seminars, a mentor/internship program, and an independent leadership project.
The key courses are taught with a special emphasis on business leadership by faculty chosen for their exceptional teaching and their interest in the leadership concept. The leadership seminars will help the students assess and perfect their talents for leadership and will put them into contact with many business leaders. Noteworthy among the opportunities are the internships (where the students are placed with business leaders who serve as mentors) and the projects developed and executed by the students to demonstrate their leadership skills. The program will culminate in the student's preparing portfolios on their concepts of leadership before a faculty board.
The program is highly selective accepting fifteen sophomores each spring to begin the two year program the following fall. Applicants will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
- Leadership experience and/or potential; drawing from the student's record in high school, college, work history, clubs and activities.
- student's self-assesment and motivation in applying how and why this program relates to the student's long-term goals.
- interests and hobbies.
- recommendations of teachers and others.
- 3.3 gpa (ordinarily); a minimum of a 3.5 gpa will be needed for graduation with honors in the program.
Dr. Robert McKeage, Program Director
- Kania School of Management
- Message from the Dean
- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- Faculty and Staff
- Student Advising
- Professional Development Passport Program
- The Kania School of Management
- Brennan Hall 400
- 320 Madison Avenue
- Scranton, PA 18510
- The University of Scranton
- Phone: (570) 941-4208