Pre-Advising Check List
Please check the items that apply to you and be prepared to discuss them.
REVIEW OF LIFE CIRCUMSTANCES CHANGES
- Want to discuss changes in life circumstances (e.g., relationships, work, finances, health)?
- Want to discuss how college life is going for you?
REVIEW OF PREVIOUS SEMESTER/S
- Any transfer credits not yet recorded?
- Any deficient or incomplete grades?
- Any failed or dropped courses?
REVIEW OF CURRENT SEMESTER
- Any deficient grades at midterm or dropped courses this semester?
DOUBLE MAJORS, CONCENTRATIONS, MINORS, HONORS
- Any recently added or dropped programs not previously on CAPP sheet?
- Want to discuss dropping a program or adding a new program?
- Need to discuss completing your current program(s) in remaining semesters?
- Want to discuss study abroad?
PROGRESS TOWARDS GRADUATION
- Are you behind on credits to graduate or want to determine if you are on schedule to graduate?
- Need to plan to complete your GE requirements over the remaining semesters?
- Need to discuss completing the writing intensive and cultural diversity requirements?
PROGRESS IN PSYCHOLOGY MAJOR
- Are you behind schedule for completing required courses and core sequence?
- Want to discuss your schedule for completing the 42 total credits for Psychology?
- Are you behind schedule for completing the required GE courses? Math? NSCI?
PLAN FOR UPCOMING SEMESTERS
- Want to discuss course selections for the Psychology major?
- Want to discuss course selections for GE, other programs or free electives?
- Want to discuss your plans for post-graduation life?
- Want to discuss your plans for preparing for the GREs?
- Want to discuss plans for doing research or being a TA?
- Want to discuss volunteering or doing an internship?
- Want to review the accuracy of your CAPP sheet?
- Need help correcting CAPP sheet errors?
OTHER GOALS AND CONCERNS YOU WISH TO DISCUSS (list below)
- Programs and Curriculum
- Interdisciplinary Programs
- Student Organizations
- Resources for Students
- Recent Student Research
- Career Outcomes
- Faculty & Staff
- Psychology Department
- Scranton, PA 18510
- The University of Scranton
- Phone: 570-941-7630