Program Educational Objectives
Building on knowledge and skills developed throughout the Electronics Business program, and advanced by experience and life-long learning, graduates are expected within a few years to:
- apply engineering and core business knowledge to manage, develop, analyze and/or implement solutions to meet public and private sector needs.
- have organizational leadership and communication skills needed by entry-level professionals.
- have an ability to engage in lifelong learning.
- be ethical, socially responsible, and just when making business decisions.
Completion of the Engineering Management program should result in the following student outcomes:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering to solve technical and business problems.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to plan and design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs.
- An ability to work effectively on multi-disciplinary teams to accomplish an objective, and make
significantcontribution to its outcome.
- An ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of technical and business solutions in a global, economic, environmental, ethical and societal context.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary to solve technical and business problems.
- Physics & Engineering Department
- Mission Statement
- Program Curriculum
- Student Experiences
- Student Clubs
- Faculty/Contact Us
- Dept. of Physics & Engineering
- Scranton, PA 18510
- The University of Scranton
- Phone: +1 (570) 941-7509
- Fax: +1 (570) 941-4085