The University of Scranton seeks to provide a compensation package that is competitive, equitable and in keeping with sound financial strategies. Our compensation package enables us to recruit, retain, and reward a talented and diverse workforce that supports our mission.
In addition to competitive salaries, Scranton’s compensation offerings include a generous benefits package, tuition remission program, paid leave, and a retirement plan among other incentives.
Our Human Resources team partners with administrators and managers to:
- Create an overall compensation strategy aligned with the University’s mission and goal
- Evaluate positions fairly and consistently, and classify them into appropriate pay ranges
- Provide compensation guidelines and information to managers
- Advise on hiring, promotions, upgrades, new positions, transfers and reorganizations
- Conduct salary surveys and provide analyses of current market trends to ensure our compensation plans are equitable and competitive
- Provide communication and training on state and federal laws and regulations
- Ensure compliance with the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and applicable state and federal wage and hour laws