Employment and Employee Relations
Community is very much at the heart of The University of Scranton. Our employees are members of a University that is committed to three core principles: cura personalis, treating others with respect and appreciation for their talents; magis, commitment to excellence and rei solicitudo; using our talents and resources to achieve our goals.
The collegial work environment at Scranton is articulated in our Strategic Plan :
“We will, as a faculty, staff and administration, respect and care for each other, encouraging the individual growth and development of all members of the University community."
While Scranton is, by tradition and choice, a Catholic and Jesuit university, we employ people of all faith traditions. We are committed to modeling an inclusive campus community that values the expression of differences in ways that promote excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and institutional success.
The community spirit that is characteristic of the work environment at Scranton is supported by a commitment to outstanding employee relations. We provide proactive assistance to employees and supervisors to help build and sustain a positive and rewarding work environment.
Our employment and employee relations initiatives include:
- A performance management and appraisal process
- Employee recognition programs
- Flexible work schedule program
- Mission and Community Service Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Assistance with interpretation of policies and procedures
- Opportunities for employees and supervisors to work through conflict or potential grievances
- Training/Coaching for managers and supervisors
Time Away from Work
- Additional Benefits
- Elective Benefits
- Health Coverage
- Employee Notifications
- Recruitment and Hiring
- Employment and Employee Relations
- Learning and Development
- Contact Us
- Maps and Directions
- HR News & Events
- Compliance Corner
- Early Learning Center